RJ45, RJ12, RJ14 cables, straight-through or crossover?

He's speculating they can learn the sound of each individual bee like they can distinguish the unique sounds of propellers on submarines. Who knows, maybe... some day. Do Bees do crazy Ivans?

--

  Rick C.

  - Get 5,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rick C

Rick C wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Fat chance. The term 'din' comes to mind.

No, and neither do Russian sub commanders.

Back out and go to high speed camera and track them in and out farther than the current window. IOW increase the resolution and frame rate of the current optical system (I know it takes a lot of fast storage). Look at other factors later on. Polish the shine on what you already have.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On May 12, 2019, Jeff Liebermann wrote (in article):

These are very old jokes in the standards world. No idea where these jokes came from, but well before 1990 (when I entered the standards world).

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joseph Gwinn

The plugs don't have to face opposite directions. One can be rotated, which means flat cable can be 1-1 or 1-8.

For example look at the "Yost" style pinout for RS232 signals over RJ45. It has Tx and Rx on 3 and 6 of the RJ45, and RTS and CTS on 1 and 8, so you can rotate one connector to change the cable from straight RS232 to a null modem cable. This pinout is only really helpful with flat cable.

No! A crossover ethernet cable has 13 and 26, because 1/2 is the +/- of the transmit pair and 3/6 is the receive pair. The 4/5 pair and the

7/8 pair are still straight through on the ethernet crossover.

I don't know RJ12 off the top of my head. 6P5C? An odd number of contacts?

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Excuse me, the reversed-form above is "rollover".

RJ12 is 6P6C, data cable. pin 1 to pin 1.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Or 2 POTS lines on one cable. Actually, per 47 CFR part 68, a RJ12 is used for POTS+exclusion and A-control, the RJ14 is the multiple line configuration. But people talk RJ12.

David Lesher

David Lesher wrote in news:qbclbm$spp$1 @reader2.panix.com:

They also used a pair for power feed. Remember the proncess phone? It had a lit dial/keypad.

Why do mouse maker make mice that fail after a few hundred or thousand clicks, yet Western Electric made keypads that could take millions of cycles and I think they were not even sealed?

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

I'm a big fan of Logitech M570 trackballs. Logitech uses a standard microswitch, and it fails within a year or so. There's a host of U-tube videos, where blokes suggest alternate brands of switches, and show repair. Little, or no data yet, on the alternate brands of switch types.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Well of course they lasted. The original DTMF keypads had self-wiping contacts with _thick_ gold plating. There were bars, like cam shafts, running under the rows and columns. The buttons pushed cams that rotated the bars, and there was a final cam on the end of each bar that pushed a leaf switch with lots of gold on the end. So there was only 1 switch per row or column.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Winfield Hill wrote in news:qbeamj02s05 @drn.newsguy.com:

Oh there are plenty of mil spec quality multi-million cycle sealed snap switches out there.

My favorite was the original trackball. Wired though. Weird that gamers liked it so much as when the first bt wires mice came out there were delays and 'sleep modes'. Logi figured out that they needed near zero latency coms. I too now like and own many M570 units. I carry one around in my multi-laptop bag.

That original was so popular at the onset of wireless mice that it sole used in as is condition on ebay for more than twice what they sold for new.

I wanted to 3D print a tiny 'optical' switch design that relies on the chopper wheel idea, but with only a single chop at a time.

That one would last for millions of cycles.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

But they saved money by using only ONE expensive transistor.

Of course what was expensive on 1960 was cheap in 1980 and vice versa; but Ma still kept the same design...

David Lesher

David Lesher wrote in news:qbhoti$p8v$ snipped-for-privacy@reader2.panix.com:

If it ain't broke...

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

there are available optical key(board)switches in the Cherry MX form-factor. (but different board pads) I forget who makes them

Jasen Betts