Question about EagleCAD relay library

If there are any EagleCAD users on this group, could you please kindly help. I am trying to find the part number for a K1 relay. Any hints, suggestions would be of immense help. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Daku

K1 is coil ("K" since "C" was already taken) number one, the actuating coil of some relay or other. There is no* unique "K1" relay part number.

*although some smart marketing guy probably has one.
--
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to

I'm pondering a simple Spice model for relays. Smooth convergence and hysteresis are both easy... "bounce" I'm still scratching my head over ;-) ...Jim Thompson

               Romneycare is nothing like Obamacare
           Except for those parts which are the same ;-)

K is for "contactor". Or kontactor like in kampground :-)

Can't see the original post. I am an Eagle user but don't know what you mean with part number. if something isn't in the library it's the same as with any CAD, you have to fire up the library editor and make the part.

Can't you do that with behavioral functions? People have modeled half a jet engine with that. Of course, I wouldn't know how SPICE could trigger the corresponding bzzzzt or ka-clunck sound out of the PC speakers :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

I can get the hysteresis and smooth convergence with my favorite function, TANH... very simple model actually... two E-sources, only one of which needs to be behavioral.

I'm puzzling over what "bounce" means as a mathematical function ;-) ...Jim Thompson

               Romneycare is nothing like Obamacare
           Except for those parts which are the same ;-)

If you want a full math model that gets pretty complicated, visco-elastic formulas and all that stuff. Not sure if this paper would help but it might:

linkinghub.elsevier.com/retrieve/pii/S1000936108600977

Walter Banzhaf has written about contact bounce quite a bit but other than a few brief HP notes I don't remember where he published. In the end I guess it all depends how detailed your analysis has to become. For example whether you want SPICE to tell you how blue the spark will be :-)

Another option may be to measure it and concoct it into a WAV data file that many SPICE programs can read in. AFAIR PSpice can.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

To work on an existing design, you will need

1) a schematic 2) a layout 3) a parts list

It sounds like you only have #1 and are missing #3. Acquire that.

...or read the part number off the side of the part on the actual item.

...and the name of the software product is Cadsoft EAGLE. {Rant against that DRM-infested product goes here.}

Reply to
JeffM

What's the part number for a R1 resistor? Same answer.

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1

Why do you bother to answer anything from gmail accounts ?

hamilton

I have inherited a Eagle CAD board design with the schematic, board file and parts list, which has:

Part Value Device Package Library Sheet K1 NA NA NA relay 1

Now if I want to buy this relay, what part number do I use ? Any hints suggestions would be very valuable.

Also, how do I extract similar part numbers for some other componnets as:

SV2 DUAL3 MA03-2 MA03-2 con-lstb 1

I understand that this is a 6 pin connector (3 in each row) but I need say a Digi-Key part number (example - Samtec part number for DUAL8 is TD-108-G-A)

Reply to
Daku

If this is a serious question (and not a troll, which it probably is) then may I gently suggest that you are out of your depth on this. Hand the job off to somebody who knows what they're doing. Not that you won't be able to work with them and learn something but you cannot reasonably expect to find answers to all of the real problems that there will be by asking on-line. Ain't gonna happen. Sorry, but you're not qualified.

--
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to

I was going to say that it sounds like the OP's job title is (as Joerg would say) Layer-outer (junior grade, at that). What is required is someone there with the job title of Engineer (with the experience to back that up).

Reply to
JeffM

K1 is a common reference designator used for relays. It, by itself, does not specify any particular make or style of relay, just as R1 does not fully specify a particular resistor.

If this is for a product that is currently being manufactured, you should look for a manufacturing parts list that should contain the manufacturer and part number for the relay.

If this is for a new product, and a manufacturing parts list has not been created, you should discuss the matter with the design engineer or others who have worked on the project.

Likewise - you will have to talk to others who have worked on the project to find what parts they had in mind to use.

I used to use Protel as an electronic design program. The parts list it provided only gave me a starting point in creating the detailed purchasing parts list for the project. I had to keep separate notes on the special parts I intended to use. I expect Eagle or any other CAD program will be similar.

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca

We pestered Cadsoft a lot and they granted our wish to provide more than two attribute fields per part, just like Orcad did since over 20 years. So now you can enter a full mfg P/N plus mfg name.

But the most important thing is this: There must be an inhouse ECO-released part and thus an ERP number for each part on the board. So the OP should be able to look it up. If he does this job as a contract service to a company he needs to ask his contact engineer there to look it all up and forward the list.