OT: Windows Networking

I use wifi at various hot spots around town and on occasion use a USB adapter to connect to various signals. Often I have a number of choices and have priorities set up in the Manage Wireless Networks window. But lately in one location, Roy Rodgers (one of my least favorite hot spots) is showing up as the first choice to connect to, is set for automatic connection and every time I edit or delete it, in just a few minutes it returns with its settings restored to the original value. ???

If I connect to another hot spot, when Roy's come back into the setup it usurps the connection and makes a new connection that typically is dysfunctional. A real PITA.

Any ideas why or how I can get rid of Roy's permanently? I'm running Vista with service pack 2.

--

Rick
Reply to

Find which antenna it is, pull rifle out of truck, aim ... :-)

I never trusted Vista. But I'd contact the manufacturer of the USB WiFi adapter.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

The same problem seems to be in Win7.

The answer that works seems to be the one that I would have guessed:

"Do a search for the SSID name in regestry and delete every folder that the string is located in, continue to search the regestry until it returns with no more matches. Before you do this make sure do peform a back up of your regestry."

But this might be a better answer, and definitely should be attempted first. The command line should be the same in vista.

Reply in group, but if emailing remove the last word.
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso