Wierd Wifi on Pi400

Having a strange problem on my Pi400

after it sucsesfully authenticates on the Wifi it almost always fails to get a valid IP address & adopts a 169.254.x.x address. I am not using my routers DHCP server but have dnsmasq on another server because I hve equipment that needs additional options. The problem is considerable less if i use the guest network (which does get dhcp from the router) but even that fails to renew correctly & reverts to a 169.254.x.x address. it also fails to reconnect correctly after a reboot needit a number of disconnects

The same SD card works without issue in a Pi4B

I do suspect the Virmin Media stupid humb 3 may be playing some part as connecting to my mobile phane as a hot spot has sofar failed to exhibit these issues.

This may be the final excuse i need to ditch VM wifi but would like to know that what ever i buy will not have the same problem

--
Bypasses are devices that allow some people to dash from point A to
point B very fast while other people dash from point B to point A very

If you manually assign an IP addr on the Pi, how reliable is a ping to a wired device on your LAN? much packet loss?

Reply to
Andy Burns

How do you connect to wifi? Have you tried using dhcpcd-ui?

--
Ottavio Caruso
Reply to

when connected pings are fine

--
In spite of everything, I still believe that people are good at heart.
		-- Anne Frank

After posting on the raspberrypi.org forum it seems I am not the only one with this problem when using a Virgin Media Superhub 3

It is being investigated by the RPF

--
Hmm...  Which would do a better job at driving physicists crazy?  Travel
faster than light, or a floating-point boolean value?

Superhub: Modem mode, you know it makes sense.

Reply to
Pancho

indeed now i know it is not just me, it may be the final push

work arround for me at the present is to either use a usb wifi adaptor or connect a lan cable, neither are particularly troublesome

--
Of course, I reserve the right to make wholly stupid changes to Perl
if I think they improve the language.  :-)