OT: That didn't take very long!

John Larkin wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

You really are an idiot, John. The Pacer was the bad car. The Gremlin was actually popular, and putting a small block chevy V-8 in one is decidedly a different car than the reviews you googled up.

Any muscle car would beat your Audi at setting one back in the seat. Hell a 472 Cadillac would.

You are seriously stupid.

I agree, however, have you ever seen or remember the wacky collector's cards one could get with "funny cars" on them? There were even moulded figurs like the little army men we had except bigger.

Yeah, so was the stew that became you. Big deal. Again... nice try.

Wow... Johnny can copy and paste.

The thread branch was about acceleration rate.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

I'm having fun. Are you having fun?

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

But why would anyone want to do that? Hundreds of hours of dirty work for a few seconds of front wheels up? Bizarre.

Fuel dragsters are even stranger. The mean run time between engine explosions must be 50 seconds. Blowing up the occasional mosfet is trivial in comparison.

I love my car. Do you love your car?

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

More like the Volvo owners.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Yeah, I'm having fun. Getting ready to drive my Tesla.

--

  Rick C.

  +---+ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
  +---+ Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
Reply to
Rick C

John Larkin wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Nwadays, it costs money to enjoy a hobby. Back in the sixties and seventies, folks had garages and engines could be had for a few dollars.

Some could not afford RC planes and cars and demolition derbies and drag races was what were embraced.

You not seeing man for what he is or was is what is bizarre.

And *your* 'normal' is far off the mark from the common 'normal' of the days when you came up. You're an oddball.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Absolutely, I'm one of the weirdest people who post to s.e.d.

I actually design electronics.

lunatic fringe electronics

Me too. I love violent motion... roller coasters, cars, motorcycles, skiing steep stuff. I've been on small boats and big ships in storms and never got seasick.

I think that's correlated with electronic design. Riding a dirt bike on hills, or skiing over bumps, feels just like waveforms to me. It's all dynamics.

lunatic fringe electronics

AlwaysWrong thinks an AMC Gremlin is a "muscle car". LOL! That's funny, even for an AlwaysWrong post!

Reply to
krw

You're right, all the way around. I had a '70 POS Gremlin. They were manufactured rusty.

The most appropriately named car ever build.

Reply to
krw

Evidently it takes a lot of preparation.

Reply to
krw

You are *ALWAYS* wrong, AlwaysWrong. The Gremlin was the biggest POS ever built. ...and there was a lot of shit built by Detroit in the '70s.

AlwysWrong.

Reply to
krw

Subaru owners are plenty smug.

Reply to
krw

All that charging and route planning is most of the fun.

lunatic fringe electronics

What makes you weird, though, is that you go to a sci.* newsgroup and slander scientists...

Reply to
whit3rd

I like the way Larkin posts two totally unrelated statements and then says nothing else about them.

Actually the second one is not completely correct. It should read, "The only thing I know about is designing electronics".

--

  Rick C.

  +--+- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
  +--+- Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
Reply to
Rick C

It was a bit more than usual. I had to do some laundry before I packed my bag.

Coming down last week I met a very pretty girl while charging. I had talked to her before and we exchanged emails. I'm looking forward to seeing her again soon. Good place to charge. Filling a gas tank doesn't give enough time to chat.

--

  Rick C.

  +--++ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
  +--++ Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
Reply to
Rick C

Umm like.

They had that inline six. those were great. you had to advance the timing, and usually so much you had to rotate the spark plug wires. Then richen up the idle mixture to give it a little more oomph.

So little did I do to this car and how fast it did go.

My Ma had one with the same engine and I did my thing on it. She is like "W hat the f*ck did you do to this thing ?". We are talking with the 232-258 e ngine, 0-50MPH in five seconds. My shitcan MOVED ! I forgot what happened t o it. Oh, I bought another car and sold it to a guy who needed an engine fo r his ice cream truck. Drove it for half a year and mad about fifty bucks o n it I can't bitch.

Whatever, I am going on a tangent and I am stopping.

Now

Reply to
jurb6006

As opposed to "knowing very little about a lot" like some other people here. >:->

Cursitor Doom

Not exactly. He tinkers with designs until they work. The stories he posts seem to suggest that each minimal change becomes a "new design".

He's not exactly a fount of stories about how some new design insight got turned into a new and completely different line of products.

Phil Hobbs has a different posting style, which does seem to reflect more design content.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to