OT: Miracle Crash Humour already

I guess the Miracle Crash is big nooz - one of our local commentators remarked that one of the survivors "had broken two of her legs..."

Makes me wonder, how many did she start out with?

On another channel, they were interviewing another one of the survivors (is "survivor" really appropriate here? There was 100% "survival", after all) and he said, "The captain said, 'brace for impact'. How do you brace for impact?"

Simple, dude. Bend over and put your head between your legs, then kiss your ass goodbye. >;->

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Get real drunk real fast.

Reply to
ingvald44

OK!

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich, but drunk

Unless you're in first class, that's impossible. The service is far slower than one's metabolism.

Reply to
krw

[snip]

Then the captain says, "I wasn't talking to you. I was warning the geese."

======

Plane crashes in water. Everyone survives.

Looks like they're filming another season of 'Lost'.

mv Windows /dev/null
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Given the cattle-car seating on USAirways, I'm surprised that "coach" passengers were able to get out before it filled with water.

...Jim Thompson

I bet you'll hear that a lot more from the folks who were there. I already heard one guy say how hard it was.

The workers on the river did a crackerjack job pulling folks out. If you have to crash, you couldn't pick a much better spot

--though the choice of season sucked.

The pilot was aces too. Remember how with no hydraulics the guy in Souix City had the thing cartwheeling when one wingtip hit with too much speed remaining?

That one off Madagascar cartwheeled too

--and he still had hydraulics.

Reply to
JeffM

"JeffM"

** There was no " cartwheeling " of flight 232.

" Witnesses reported that the aircraft cartwheeled but the investigation did not confirm this.[3] News reports that the aircraft cartwheeled were due to misinterpretation of the video of the crash that showed the flaming right wing tumbling end-over-end. "

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Phil Allis>There was no " cartwheeling " of flight 232.

I made the same mistake from the same evidence. I'm even more impressed with the captain now. ...then they did the mandatory retirement thing to him shortly afterwards. 8-(

Reply to
JeffM

rs

ter

race

=A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

=A0 | =A0 =A0mens =A0 =A0 |

=A0 | =A0 =A0 et =A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0 |

There were only 150 passengers. Obviously, the plane was only 1/3 full.

Reply to
Richard Henry

It was an A320, not an A380.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

quoted text -

Um, looking at US Scareways seating chart for its A320s, I'd say it was obvious that it was a bit more than 1/3 full. More like, SRO.

krw

quoted text -

Don't fly much? The A320 is not a huge aircraft. That particular aircraft (Airbus A320-214, tail number N106US, delivered in 1999) had a capacity of 150 passengers and 5 crew, so it was full up.

The engines (CFM56-5B4/P for this particular aircraft) were supplied by CFM International, an equal joint venture between General Electric (USA) and Senecma (France).

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Particularly when the cabin crew was busy serving the foie gras in first class.

Programmers don\'t die, they just GOSUB without RETURN.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Only twelve seats in first class. Doesn't even keep one FA busy. The resto of the heard isn't getting much though.

Reply to
krw

It was US Airways, not Air France.

Reply to
Richard Henry

:

ors

ivors

after

u brace

kiss

=A0 =A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0 | =A0 =A0mens =A0 =A0 |

=A0 | =A0 =A0 et =A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0 =A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 |

=A0|

d- Hide quoted text -

ide quoted text -

Sorry. I htought this was a humor thread.

Reply to
Richard Henry