OT: Horror Story from Illinois

I might have a trip to San Jose coming up, northern part, almost in Milpitas. A hotel with a built-in brewpub would be nice. I think Coyote Creek has a bike path but when you get too far north the stench from the landfill can become unbearable.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Geez and I thought SV meant Sunnyvale.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

They'll do it with inflation. It's the perfect tax. Jimmy Carter was pretty successful at it. The deplorables may grumble a bit but who cares about them?

Reply to
krw

Of course printing money is SOP, but confiscating corporate property won't meet as much resistance as personal property, even though the former is just personal savings in 401k etc.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Me too. We have a new customer the on other side of Chicago from here. We love being there and working with the people and gadgets, but we totally

*hate* getting there. ;->
Reply to
Chris

I once heard something about copyrighting the deed, but I have no idea other than that.

Reply to
jurb6006

That was made possible by allowing government employees to unionize. That's JFK's fault. Even FDR wouldn't do it. JFK was really nothing but a series of disasters, but even Republicans say they like him. It makes no sense.

Obviously you can't punish voters any more than their own decisions already punish them, for which they never blame themselves.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso