non-shorting probes

Googling the subject term doesn't help much. Who sells good probes that are designed not to short adjacent nodes? The ones Radio Shack used to sell are crap.

zero, and remove the last word.
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

I should have said I'm talking about multimeter probes.

zero, and remove the last word.
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

I like Probemaster's 8152. They are spring loaded and have a sharp needle on the end of the probe. Very Nice.

They are made in exotic, inscrutable El Cajon, California.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Put some heat-shrink tubing on them.

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

Take a look at the Fluke TL910 probe set. The probes include a couple of pairs of spring-loaded gold tips that have castellated ends to grab onto a component lead. The smaller diameter pair will stay on a 0.5mm pitch TQFP pin securely without slipping or bridging to adjacent pins.

--
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to

If you need miniature probes, you should try to get these:

I like them so much I bought a second set.

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

I'm getting a pair! Thanks. :)

Reply to
D from BC

(...)

Soitny.

You'll find that these needle probes will put a dent into the solder on a pad, preventing rolling and shorting. I like them a lot.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston