Monitor dies after HDMI to Receiver + DVI experiment, what is HDMI+ethernet cable ???

Hello,

I have to report this incident.

I have been experimenting with Denon 1909 A/V receiver for audio to 7 speakers.

This receiver has a HDMI input. So I was curious if sound quality would improve.

First I connected toshiba laptop to receiver via HDMI.

The HDMI cable was bought new, it has "ethernet" too which I don't know what that means.

Later the PC was connected to the receiver as well.

The PC has GT 520 graphics card also X-Fi elite soundblaster but was disconnected on the back.

The Asus GT 520 passively cooled was used as follows:

  1. HP L2335 monitor >>>> DreamPC Asus GT 520

  1. Denon 1909 AV/Receiver

Reply to
skybuck2000