Math is White Privilege...

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | "Those [of us] who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night" -Edgar Allan Poe

On a sunny day (Tue, 24 Oct 2017 09:40:31 -0700) it happened Jim Thompson wrote in :

It is really bad, an other excuse to just lower the countries IQ. Those poor blacks, cannot do algebra, so let's make them professor now.

It is true, however, that professor who did the IQ test that showed that blacks had a lower IQ was fired or had to step down. This will only get worse. Apes.

I think this has something to do with evolution and climate, running mostly naked chasing rabbits in a hot climate does not need advanced survival skills, although discovery channel wants you to think the opposite..., so that part of the brain was never developed. In colder climates where more advanced tools were required the brain was triggered into more activity.

Denying that logic is dangerous. When N America and N Europe get warmer and warmer, then the average IQ will drop, mostly in the beginning because of migrating people from Africa over here. After more than 2 generations or so it will be just warlords and spears. Society will crumble.

Maybe in the more Northern countries here, where I see math skills are very very good, some skills will be preserved. Russia the future winner (they had VERY good mathematicians), Northern part of China. My theory.

Then when climate swings back to colder and colder.. up it goes? Or will the human species go extinct? Quite possible, the dinos were big and powerful too.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

what the f*ck did I just read

Reply to
bitrex

So, 1 + 1 is not objectively = 2, its just a subjective opinion.

Yeah...right on...

-- Kevin Aylward

- SuperSpice

Kevin Aylward

{>:-} ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Hi Kevin, I don't want to start a whole Islam discussion. But I did want to acknowledge you and to say that my view of Islam, though my liberal glasses, has been changing. Maybe in part to you but more so due to Sam Harris. A short blog

And many longer podcasts. ie,

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Of course 1 + 1 isn't "objectively" true, 1 + 1 = 2 is something derived from what axioms you choose to start with and needs to be proved like anything else derived from axioms. It's definitely not true in any number of bases other than 10 you care to think up.

In any even though a) that wasn't what the professor actually said as quoted in the article, and b) it's in general hopeless to believe "dailycaller.com" even prints accurate quotes anyway and doesn't just manufacture them; they have no reason not to do so as why take the effort when your readership doesn't care if they're real or not anyway.

Reply to
bitrex

It's true. In the dark ages of racial harmonization, when I went to skool, math was taught using a black-board. Today, it's taught using a white-board. Obviously, this is some kind of discriminatory statement.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

The professor was William Shockley. He wasn't fired. He retired from Stanford University in 1975 which I suspect was a forced resignation.

"Dr. William Shockley on Race, IQ, and Eugenics"

See section on "Political Views".

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Jeff Liebermann

Europe and the West treated Asia and the Muslim world as pawns at best and disposable, subhuman trash at worst for the better part of a century. It's kind of a "Hey, what exactly did you expect was gonna happen?" sort of situation.

Nothing sadder than to see the West frantically compromising every so-called "value" it nominally stood for in an attempt to wind the clock back at the 11th hour.

Reply to
bitrex

Assad has mysteriously stopped bombing people with poison gas.

The Saudis will finally let women drive.

The Brits are leaving the EU.

Might tax reform actually happen?

What's happening here?

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

It's simple. In northern climates, it's cold outside so people have to stay indoors all winter and play chess and dominoes and things, which teach math skills. (They also drink and smoke weed, an opposite effect.)

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

They also engage in other "activities". A statistically significant number of my grandchildren (and great-grandchildren) were born in October ;-)

(My own children were born in January, March, October and December

...Jim Thompson

     It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

A number base is a representation, it has nothing to do with arithmetic or algebraic properties.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

The brain chemistry is different. This has been attributed to a specific gene, it is not epigenetic, which your observations seem to claim.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

It's chilly in San Francisco all year.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

You can use the elements of any finite Galois field as basis vector components to represent the data encoded in any other field AFAIK.

You still have to prove what 1 + 1 equals in your field of choice.

The objective fact that when you have one apple and add another apple and end up with two apples is called "counting", not mathematics.

Reply to
bitrex

I see context, Kevin was clearly using base 10, it wasn't even any thing to guess about it. We know what 1 is and we know what 2 is.

1+1+=2 no need to complicate it with blather. Sheesh. Mikek
Reply to
amdx

Wow, I did not know that.

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

There's plenty that's silly and to dislike about the statements in the article already; no need to complicate the parts that are dis-likable with the baseless claim that the subject intends to redefine the rules of addition to appeal better to people who aren't white. For whatever reason. I couldn't tell you why those people would want it that way any more than white people, perhaps you know.

Reply to
bitrex