Lawyers, patents, Monster cables

Fun letter here

"Not only am I unintimidated by litigation; I sometimes rather miss it."

martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

Excellent letter, in fact.

Actually, after reading it, I think that every honest man in the world should stop buying their products, if they ever did.

Problem is, companies like Radio Shack, and small car audio sale/installation shops buy their stupid shit, so Monster still makes money.

It really is sad the way that rat bastard company is the main cause that we all pay a lot more for cables now.

Even the "discount" "cheap Chinese" versions are too goddamned much.

I feel like giving Kurt my business based on that letter alone... well, his web page too.

I rather miss behavior like his in America.

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

Thanks, M.

Reply to
Jitt

Loved it.

Particularly...

"As for your requests for information, or for action, directed to me: I would remind you that it is you, not I, who are making claims; and it is you, not I, who must substantiate those claims. You have not done so."

And...

"If you sue me, the case will go to judgment, and I will hold the court's attention upon the merits of your claims--or, to speak more precisely, the absence of merit from your claims--from start to finish. Not only am I unintimidated by litigation; I sometimes rather miss it."

Patent litigation IS fun. I recently told a litigant that their "...patent isn't worth the powder to blow it to hell" ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Hallelujah! A civilized post from "overloaded-with-too-many-nyms" ;-)

Keep up the good work!

...Jim Thompson

What do you think of this one?

martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

Is that real? Or an April Fools prank ?:-)

I see this kind of wording all the time... "system and method for optimizing ..."

My response is always, "Where's the beef?" If I can get an arbitration panel laughing I always win ;-)

I also liked this follow-up at the bottom of your original "Monster v Blue Jeans"...

...Jim Thompson

On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 07:50:30 -0700, in sci.electronics.design Jim Thompson wrote: snip

and if that doesn't work try the link in the second paragraph

martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

By golly, I think they've got it... global warming detection ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Fuck you, filter boy! You claimed to be filtering me, when all you really are doing is looking for posts to jab trolls at me with. So filter me, you retarded f*****ad.

You are exactly the retarded fucktard I have been stating that you are.

Your "litigation" remarks prove your stupidity even further.

Leave me OUT of your retarded baby bullshit, you stupid f*ck!

If I rode on you for the next two years, without a single reply from you, I still will not have caught up to the absolute horseshit you spew.

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

Yeah... He is a Monster Retard... Just like you are.

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

Perhaps, but the fact that you can buy plenty of, e.g., HDMI to DVI cables for (well) under $10 *shipping included* from eBay suggests to me that anything over $20 at a Wal*Mart-style brick and mortar store contains a *very* significant profit margin.

Agreed... places like Best Buy compete based on having "big ticket" items such as laptops and big-screen TVs priced with low margins and then make much higher margins on cables and other accessories to make up for it.

We've had certain government customers ask us to provide them with a quote on replacing the standard 6' IEC power cords we supply with our hardware with 15' versions instead. We dutifully responded, coming up with a quote reflecting our costs from, e.g., DigiKey, our own internal costs in processing, and some margin... and they bought them! This is where your tax dollars are going... to agencies where job duties are so narrowly defined that you have to go through a pricey formal process to do something as simply as buying a longer power cord!

Come to think of it, a lot of big companies operate that way too...

---Joel

Reply to
Joel Koltner

Not likely as much as you might think for Wal Mart. Perhaps the maker gets a bigger than usual margin too, and perhaps there is a distribution house that even WalMart has to buy from... the ever-present middle-man (like as with us and our groceries).

Either way, WE are the folks getting less for more. Hell, there isn't even a cheap Asian source at the flea markets like there is with tools and such. :-] I used to be able to find stuff at the flea markets. Now, it's all sunglasses, swords & knives, kids' collectibles... other odd junk. No really good stuff as often as in the past.

We are getting the Asian product, but paying twice what would be the American price. These cables are NOT worth that much. Hell, we never paid that much for BNC fitted RGB cables back when that was the sate of the art, even in the labs. Even back when the dollar was worth a lot more. This crap is simple Mfg process, and even molded on ends, so we can't even service the friggin' things! If I pay that much for a cable, I would want solder cups so I could service my own purchases product upon any failure. Screw crimp on pins and sockets! :-]

Otherwise, it should be dirt cheap, as was stated by KruddyRottenWeirdo.

Yeah... If possible, one should always get a sample or two first to give it a look. Unfortunately, not all "Std." 10 Amp IEC line cords "settle" in at the same temperature when they are passing ten Amps. Sad that acceptance markings end up on products that do not comply... even with the most rudimentary safety requisite conformances.

Yet another democracy on the verge of falling prey to the same corruptions that have haunted "democracies" throughout history.

Why in the FUCK do Presidential elections need to or have a requisite for tens of millions of dollars or tens of tens. Lobbyism should be rendered archaic in an information rich society like that of our world.

Enron was practically like Gabriel's Horn for those giving notice (or should be).

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

You're a sorry-assed piece of garbage, you don't know anything about electronics and you're too stupid to learn, so why do you post to SED?

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

You keep telling the same lies, Phyllis.

--
Keith
Reply to