film caps with nice long leads

Sources anyone? Stubby leads need not apply.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Den fredag den 16. september 2016 kl. 00.21.20 UTC+2 skrev Winfield Hill:

lots of hits on google

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

New parts from distributors, not eBay, etc.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

How long? Kemet RD series? And I think Murata too.

Martin Riddle

I think all manufacturers offer them, but suppliers may not stock them. (How many do you need? ;-) )

Last few I'd seen:

- Some Rnn (Kemet, was Aerovox) series (not necessarily from DK/Mouser)

- Illinois' PPB (via Allied Electronics)

- Anything axial

Tim

-- Seven Transistor Labs, LLC Electrical Engineering Consultation and Contract Design Website:

Tim Williams

Any other specs. We still use a lot of panasonic film caps... Though they are going EOL.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Same here, waiting for the next round to come thru.

Martin Riddle

Long leads are vital when the polymer melts at solder temperature; virtually any polypropylene capacitor has long leads. Has to, really.

Reply to
whit3rd

Grin.. well except the ones they sell now. Search for poly prop on DK and tell me what you find.

Almost all are looking like this,

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Would these work?

Reply to
John S

Grin.. well not for me so much. I need mostly low voltage and more C. (High Q filters and things like that.)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

How much V, how much C?

Like this?

Reply to
John S

I like these by Illinois Capacitor from Antique Electronic Supply and have used them in several projets. Polypropylene with really long leads.

And look how cheap they are!

matt