e-phemt

This is a sub for a discontinued Avago part. "SAV" means "save discrete design."

One of my guys found this online. What's weird is that someone here, Phil H I think, suggested a while back that Mini-Circuits had some e-phemts, so I emailed them, and they denied it.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Huh, I guess that explains the 'flat' price.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

The MCL guy called me, and I lobbied pretty hard for them to be a second source. Hopefully they established a real second source and didn't just order 20 reels from Broadcom before the parts went away.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

The drain curves look different, specifically the MiniCircuits parts conduct harder. I haven't check the s-params.

lunatic fringe electronics

Yeah, the Early voltage goes for a dump at about 2V D-S. Below there the drain impedance is a super-stiff 200 ohms. ;)

Skyworks still seems to make the SKY65050, and they're much better for time-domain stuff--you can actually make a source follower that more or less follows, unlike the Avago ones. The drawback is their 30 MHz 1/f corner, vs. 10 MHz for the Avagos.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

The SKY part has super DC specs, but it's a depletion part, and some of our products were designed around enhancement phemts.

It's good for 15 volts. Rds-on is about 7 ohms. Probably lower if enhanced a little.

RF parts are seldom specified for useful stuff like Rds-on.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

I use them in time domain, as switches, so I don't care about all that RF stuff. We do have to charactize a lot of stuff ourselves.

I plan to try them as diodes as soon as I get some samples. Phemts make interesting diodes.