29301 - what's this part?

What on earth is this part:

23901

Looks like a decoder to me but with inputs on pins 1, 2, 14, 15 and outputs on 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

Can it be subbed with any other chip?

Thanks

Reply to
max-man

It's old TTL, originally the Fairchild 9301, also the National DM9301 or the Signetics S8252. (Warning, I think Intel used 8252 for something different).

There doesn't seem to be a direct replacment in the SN74xx series.

A lot of the old 93xx and other 9xxx TTL now go by the 74xx numbers that TI gave them. Example: the 9316 is now the 74161. The few that they didn't renumber/redesign used SN293xx numbers.

Mark Zenier snipped-for-privacy@eskimo.com Washington State resident

Reply to
Mark Zenier

Thanks for the information Mark.