driving RC servo

Hi,

Looking for recommendation of a "simple" circuit to drive an RC servo, with pulse width adjusted by variable resistor. Resistor can be 10K or

100k range. It has to survive ridiculous vibration level...maybe. I know I can do it with a tiny micro, as long as it has an ADC input...but is there a simple analog way to generate the RC pulse widths? Ok, well, there is the old 555 :-) but what I'm looking for here is some voice of experience.

Thanks, Bill M

Reply to
Bill Martin

On a sunny day (Tue, 22 Dec 2015 13:18:55 -0800) it happened Bill Martin wrote in :

I have a 555 based RC servo tester. It works. No idea about the circuit diagram. Get one from ebay?

Jan Panteltje

cheapest and simplest is a 16F690

Reply to
sdy

Good grief. No shortage of choices, although a lot of them do look kind of the same! Just to try out the idea, there is no way I could build anything for those kind of prices. Thanks for the suggestion. Bill

Reply to
Bill Martin

A 555 works well, if you don't mind the resistance to pulse width curve being a bit nonlinear. There's ways to make it way more linear, at the cost of more parts. I have a circuit that I use to turn an RC servo into a position feedback (basically you gut out the motor, PCB and most of the gears, what you're left with is a useful position-measuring gizmo).

Send me an email and I'll send you a pdf of the schematic: tim at wescottdesign dot com.

--
www.wescottdesign.com
Reply to

Please learn to edit such URL's. The above is the same as: All I did was delete the tracking garbage. When you search twice for something on eBay, it conveniently adds the 2nd search string to the end of the previous search string. So, all I had to do was delete everything before the _nkw=xxxx.

Googling for images: Looks like plenty of 555 servo controller circuits to choose from.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com