Controlling 16 RC servo motors simultaneously

Is there any C code for ATMEL's AVR micro controllers to read servo motor position data from a serialport and control 16 RC servo motors simultaneously?

Reply to
RC servo

There is plenty of code out there for 8 channels. Why not use two AVRs?

Peter

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
moocowmoo

Thank you for the idea. Would you tell me where can I find C code for AVR to drive 8 RC sermo motors?

Reply to
RC servo

Most AVRs include 8 A/D channels for reading the servo pos. However, you would need external D/A to drive the motors. Your C codes depend on your external hardware.

Reply to
Edward Lee epl

Actually you need digital signals to drive the RD servo. No need for a D/A at all.

SioL

Reply to
SioL

No, the servo-motors are controlled by a pulse train. You feed them a stream of pulses, where each pulse is between 1 and 2 ms wide, and the pulses repeat with about a 20ms period.

You don't need external hardware. You just need to generate digital pulses -- 5V logic levels should work fine.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  After this, I'm going
                                  at               to BURN some RUBBER!!
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Grant Edwards

Have a look at the Dontronics web site at

This example is an 8 channel RC servo driver but it's written in assembler. A little work would get that translated into C.

Peter

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
moocowmoo

The only one's I know of is using one of the

ISOPOD's or ServoPod's. They run upwards of 23 servos no problem. They have code examples too. You use the serial port to program and you can send commands to it if you program it so.

You could also do it using some of the AWC

PAK-8 pulse out co-processors too.

Reply to
Earl Bollinger

Have you tried asking this as

Earl Bollinger

assembler.

It's easily extensible to 16 channels as is. The servo positions are stored as data in ram, and there are interrupt driven serial routines in the same package, so in the main loop it would be trivial to parse out some language like S1=128 and stick the appropriate value in ram for the next update.

Reply to
Dave VanHorn

Assembler code for controlling 16 servo's from an Atmel controller is available at:

Anton

"RC servo" schreef in bericht news:408658dc$0$442$ snipped-for-privacy@news.optusnet.com.au...

Reply to
Anton