OT: It's Come to This...

Thankfully, the USA is not actually the world. The rest of us are holding our breath as your modern Nero prepares to light the Great Fire of American freedoms, for fear it will burn us all.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

It's Come to This...

" Imagine a vast mental asylum where everything is upside-down and backward. Instead of trying to cure the sick, the authorities use their unlimited power to impose sickness on the healthy. In this nightmare world, there is no such thing as private business or interpersonal contact; all interactions must be conducted according to the decree of the malevolent lunatics in charge. The name for this

Would you like your employees to look professional so that people will take your business seriously? Then escape from New York."

See for the whole article. ...Jim Thompson

There was a time when I attended a black community college and had to shower with big black dudes and I was the only the white guy. I think if I could have claimed to be a woman, I would have felt safer in the women's showers.

.

Bill Bowden

[ sno-o-o-o-ort :-] ...Jim Thompson

On Tue, 22 Dec 2015 20:27:53 -0700, Jim Thompson Gave us:

With Donald J. Trump at the top, guiding the herd.

The world is truly a sad, Twilight Zone kind of place now.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Jim-out-of-touch-with-reality-Thompson takes this kind of right-wing buffoo n seriously. Coping with people who have funny ideas about their gender is tricky, but letting some right-wing nitwit tell the rest of the world how t hey ought to do it (or ought not to do it) would be as silly as letting Don ald Trump run for president of the USA.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Trump hasn't even been named as the Republican candidate for the presidential elections yet - though the rest of the candidates seem to be competing to be even more moronically right-wing than he is.

Nero was emperor when he burned down Rome. American constitutional arrangements are less than ideal, but they are better than their Roman equivalents, and Trump isn't likely to get the top job.

None of the current crop of Republican candidates seem to have woken up to the the Mitt Romney paradox - that the idiotically right-wing things you have to say to get the Republican nomination make you pretty much unelectable as a presidential candidate.

But that's okay - if the Republican party wants to self-conflagrate itself into extinction, it will get replaced by something more rational that's potentially capable of winning elections.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

"Rational" doesn't bring in the ad revenue.

--
Grizzly H.
Reply to

So what's your problem? You have a lot of skin in that game, do you?

Think of bigotry as a pendulum...

Reply to
default

Indeed :-( ...Jim Thompson

On Tuesday, December 22, 2015 at 10:28:02 PM UTC-5, Jim Thompson wrote: .

I much prefer them to actually be professional instead of just looking the part. There are way too many posers attempting to put on the professional a ct who are in reality inept and worthless riffraff. Pigs in suits is the mo re accurate description of your kind.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

You are talking about Hillary and the Second, of course..

Reply to
Robert Baer

Do not forget that Hillary is about as bad..wanting to destroy the Second; bad enough that O'bama has snookered a lot of the Constitution. Why not go for the gold and trash it all in one swell foop?

Reply to
Robert Baer

SEXIST! All you can think of si males..

Reply to
Robert Baer

"PISS" = = Pigs In Stuffed Shirts.

Reply to
Robert Baer

ffoon seriously. Coping with people who have funny ideas about their gender is tricky, but letting some right-wing nitwit tell the rest of the world h ow they ought to do it (or ought not to do it) would be as silly as letting Donald Trump run for president of the USA.

Only right-wing nitwits think that Obama has snookered any of the constitut ion, and only right-wing nitwits thinks that the antiquated and clunky US c onstitution would work any worse than it already does it if were in any way "snookered".

Obama is an expert lawyer, and perfectly capable of exploiting the numerous weaknesses of the US constitution to get what he wants done in perfectly legal ways.

Robert Baer is both a right-winger and a nitwit (which is to say he illustr ates his intellectual inadequacies on areas outside of politics), so I look forward to a thoroughly asinine response.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Think these two articles from Atlantic are excellent.

This one is on the country's and especially the Democratic Party's shift to the left.

This one is on the revolt in the Republican party.

Wanderer

On Wed, 23 Dec 2015 20:10:35 -0800 (PST), Wanderer Gave us:

Yeah, I am revolted that so many utter idiots are following Trump. Just proves that most of the tea party were idiots.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

A recent episode of the Daily Show had a panel of Trump supporters who were asked a few questions. The responses showed them to be pretty big idiots. But then I expect they hand picked them for entertainment purposes, much like "Jaywalking".

--

Rick
Reply to

Well, you would get what you asked for. You enter the discussion with name-calling ('Jim-out-of-touch-Thompson', nitwits, right wing buffoons and what not), and when you're finished you announce to expect an 'asinine response.

I'm afraid it's you who is acting in a disgraceful way here...

joe

Reply to
Joe Hey