Does this circuit exist?

A simple RC filter has an impulse response of exp(-t/T), t > 0. Is there a circuit with impulse response exp(-exp(t)) ?

Bob

Reply to
radams2000

Sounds like a simple analogue computing problem

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

The latter function doesn't have an antiderivative expressable in terms of elementary functions, so the Laplace transform of it isn't likely to be anything nice, hence the circuit is certainly not going to be anything nice...

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

And it isn't the solution of any linear ODE with constant coefficients, either. You can do it with a dual op amp and a BJT matched quad, at least until the intermediate node saturates, which will be within a few seconds.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Thanks, yes I don't think it can be done easily with R's and C's. It popped up as a solution to a math problem I'm working on and I wondered if there was a corresponding circuit. Of course I could always digitize the impulse response at a high sample rate and run it as an FIR.

Bob

Reply to
radams2000

You'd run out of bits pretty fast, though.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs