Converting dBuV and so on.

Today's work is to test my unit to DO-160 conducted EMI standard. I have not used spectrum analyzer for a few years, so a little rusty. If you can comment then I can proceed with the warm and fuzzy feeling, or adjust my thinking.

The current probe I am using has the proper bandwidth and has a conversion of 1:1. That is one amp input has one volt output.

The standard is in dBuA so that I BELIEVE the conversion is done. If spectrum analyzer is set to dBuV then it is actually telling me the dBuA.

Agree?

Below is a good link, but probably not useful for my problem.

thank you.

Reply to
Yzordderrex

Looks right.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

One rub: is it 1V/A when terminated into the 50 ohm spec? If so, then you got it.

Tim

-- Seven Transistor Labs, LLC Electrical Engineering Consultation and Contract Design Website:

Tim Williams

Thanks fellas.

Reply to
Yzordderrex