A Special Tea

I have tea that will help to reduce the sugar level in the bloodstream. Interested, please call me at 98153257. Can be contacted also, one week prior to your schedule amputation in worst case scenario.

Reply to
pohmichael

I have lots of tiny 5mm grey spiders with black stripes. The spiders can be found all over the side of my house. They move quickly, dodge a finger and jump off the house when threatened. They don't spin webs so these are hunting spiders. Email me for a box of 1 hundred.. :P D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

What? No "Banana Spiders"? What a boring place to live!

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

It's a little exciting running from the car to get inside. We have a mosquito problem here due to high river water. I thought about breeding dragonflies to control the mosquitos. Those little 5mm spiders are useless so they're getting deported. :P D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

You need the dragon flies I've seen in the Florida panhandle with a six inch wingspan. Those suckers are big enough to hear them, when they fly by.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I'd like to place an order for 10 000 Florida dragonflies.... I want the high speed ones that clock at 38miles/hour. :P Dunno if the dragonflies will tolerate being boxed...It could turn into a big fight or lots of mating..

D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

Is that like the flies in Unreal?

Lemme find a screenshot... hmm can't find one, I'll make one. Nuts, it'll have to be crummy software mode I think.

In game these are about a foot across...

Tim

-- Deep Fryer: A very philos> >

Reply to
Tim Williams

I can't make out anything in that almost black image.

shows some of them but doesn't give the wingspan. they come in almost any color you can imagine, and lots of sizes.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Turn up your monitor (or image viewer), it's average half black.

It is easier to see against, say, the sky, since its wings are transparent (which I might add is a nice touch on the game's graphics engine, but I digress).

Ah.

Tim

Tim Williams

Are there other insects that do mid air "interceptor" style hunting? AFIK there are not many creatures that capture their food in mid air. Hawks getting other birds in mid air? Bats? Birds capturing dragonflies?

I wouldn't be surprised to hear that dragonflies have the largest insect brain.. I think those bugs are doing alot of processing for flight navigation to chase after a moving object in 3 space. D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

Does Homer Simpson and ham or doughnuts count?

Hawks do both airborne and on the ground. They have snatched small dogs, as well. My neighbor had a couple pet ducks, till a hawk moved into the trees in the 'green belt'. Two days later they were all missing, and only a few feathers were found laying in her back yard.

Bats catch bugs with their sonar. The only way that works is when the prey is flying or walking.

Birds do catch and eat some dragonflies, but they are fast and can make moves mid air that would make a hummingbird jealous. That is probably why they are so many colors, to improve their chances of survival with they food, and predators. The light blue are almost invisible when flying, and the green ones blend into the grass. The reds and darker blues are hard to spot around some flowers.

Sorry, but that distinction belongs to another bug, know as the "Sleazious Politicianous' who's hunger and greed know no bounds.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida