Subject Author Posted Replies

(LT SPICE ) i need hlep
Hi my problem is hoe i can find Q-point of amplifier mosfet
1
1

A 2.4GHz to 1.5 GHz down converter layout, and VCO internals.
As the LO in the down converter is clearly stable, as this picture shows: the instability in the QAM constellation must originate in the transmitter. As the transmitter is OK at 1.5 GHz, it must be in...

really funny
The entire world economy will soon consist of everyone selling everyone else apps.
37
37

climate: cool video
-- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing laser drivers and controllers jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
1
1

RoHS & NOS Parts
What's the situation with RoHS rules and NOS parts, ie from pre-RoHS, and also used parts post RoHS? On gov uk site I didnt find the content of the relevant legislation. We could sell quite a lot if...
10
10

multi-stage Voltage multiplier output voltage instability
I have a X10 half wave voltage multiplier simular to this one. The input is 200Vp-p at 50KHz signwave. The output is ~2kV. It is constructed with NPO caps of 33uF each and Cree 1A 600V SiC diodes. I...
30
30

OT: "Better all the Time" essay in the New Yorker and US teacher training.
The November 10 2014 copy of The New Yorker has a "critic at large" essay from James Surowiecki. It starts off on the training regimes of elite athlete's, which have become much more sophisticated and...
33
33

PIC24 USB suspend current
I've posted this on a Microchip forum, but I thought I'd see whether anyone here knows the answer. I'm using a PIC24FJ64GB004 family MCU. Is there any way of getting this MCU to consume no more than...
1
1

Grounding an aluminum enclosure to copper pads on a PCB
So we found a place to weld an aluminum wire to an aluminum enclosure (19mm diameter tube). Now we are trying to figure out an economical way to connect that wire to a PCB. The suggestion we have is...
44
44

Skunk Works' Compact Fusion Reactor Patents Issued
It was just announced that Lockheed-Martin Company had been granted patents on their new fusion reactor design. I saw an article on page B1 of the 14 November 2014 issue of The Wall Street Journal...
3
3

Measuring high resistance
Is there a simple way to do high resistance measurements (as per using a Megga) ? I need to do isolation tests and record results >20M.... most measurements with a mega are >>1G Accuracy is not a...
31
31

Released version 0.3 of my rtl_sdr based spectrum analyzer software for Linux:
Released version 0.3 of my rtl_sdr based spectrum analyzer software for Linux: xpsa requires a DVB-T USB stick, librtlsdr, libforms (xforms), fftw3, some other stuff. This one supports any mixers up...

Off topic sorta -- space heaters
-- And I ask you guys because this is my go to group. Even if it's electrical I can get a definitive answer here. Don't really know Jack S. about heater technology, all I know is a watt is a watt but...
14
14

BNC Connectors
For the outer (screen) on a mating pair of BNC's, what is supposed to be the mating surface? From the male perspective, is it the outer surface (circumference) of the tube - which always seems loose...
14
14

Proximity sensors
I need to detect the presence of an object at the front of my PCB with a maximum distance about 10-20cm. The behaviour would be similar to the proximity sensor found in modern touch-screen smartphones...
14
14