Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Approx processor performance metrics
Hi, A group for which I'd built a small "computer lab" dropped me a note, today, indicating that they have a donor (business) willing to supply them with "newer" (but still not "current") machines...
11
11

Slow VDD rise in a STM32F051x
Cations, anions, onions, prions, ration, vacation -- OPINIONS, that's what I need! I'm building a circuit that's going to have a very slow rise on the supply voltage -- in the extreme, it'll ramp from...
19
19

helical resonators?
People used to sell these things, but I can't seem to find any. Murata and Toko seem to have gone out of the business. Have ceramics and saws replaced them? -- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc...
30
30

input bias current of a current-mode opamp
We think we've observed bias current drift on some THS3062 current-mode opamps, on the non-inverting input, roughly 10 uA in 6 months, systematic in one direction across multiple amps. A regular opamp...
6
6

Get some perspective. We're FINished.
Hehehe... Not an obscure reference at all! One of the simplest explanations of the basic operation of a transistor I have ever seen, however. BRL!!...
7
7

Differential Amplifier is an input stage of every op-amp
Generally, if input stage of an operational amplifier is realized as BJT tr ansistor differential amplifier, op-amp has smaller slew rate, smaller volt age offset and better CMRR. If it's realized as...

Need help with 555 timer circuit development
I need a consultant to help me with my project for a fee. I would like to u se a 555 timer circuit to generate a variable 1 to 5 minute timer to altern ate between 2 bank of batteries that are...
40
40

OT: Today's HoneyDo Project
Today's HoneyDo Project Too many glasses, had to add... Mounted 18" down from ceiling (9' ceiling) so I can reach ;-) 48" wide by 22" deep Mean to work inside that narrow a space. ...Jim Thompson -- |...
31
31

Interesting question/rant? from EEVblog Dave
Are Electronics Hobbyists Useless? -Lasse
41
41

FEMM leakage inductance calculation
Hey I am new to FEMM, but have a real life problem. I have a transformer, which has 4 layer primary with about 50 turns on each layer (the winding used the entire width of the E core bobbin), and a...
3
3

Alternatives to capacitors from American Technical Ceramics
I need a broadband chip capacitor (0.01uf) that has nearly ideal performanc e up to 3 GHz. I'm using it to AC couple the RF input of a receiver. Americ an Technical Ceramics manufactures capacitors...
19
19

OT: Cryptic writings
Can anyone decipher what these mean? They're on the sidewalk at the apartment complex my father lives in: They're on the sidewalk near this transformer(?) enclosure. There was an explosion in it over...
10
10

Seeking data on California Devices Inc HCS gate arrays
Long shot ... I'm looking for any data or reference material on a 1980's era gate array (ULA) chip family. Google and data searches are not coming up with much, so I'm hoping someone may have this...
14
14

Comparators in Spice
I just cannot get any comparator to behave sensibly in Spice. For example, with the following, the output stays high regardless of the inputs. As configured, as far as I can see, the output should be...
14
14

Ripple DC voltage test bench
Hello all, A colleague has just suggest me to rent this kind of equipement : In order to implement a small ripple voltage injection in a DC power line. In fact these tests are in conformance with...