Subject Author Posted Replies

high voltage LDO
I need to regulate a +24 supply down to +22, 0.8 amps maybe. There's not much headroom for +24 drift, so I need an LDO. Few if any LDOs can tolerate +24 in. We stock LM2941, adjustable LDO, which for...
82
82

help with displacement current, distributed capacitance
Assume an inductor with a sinusoidal current. The inductor has capacitance between turns, or distributed capacitance. Q is of interest in this quest. My pet theory is: The distributed capacitance...
41
41

Vacuum tube noise source
This circuit uses a 2D21 thyratron as a noise source, the noise is generated by placing a permanent magnet on the envelope and causing "fluctuations in the dense layer of positive ions near the...
22
22

More CUI SMPS
Well when it rains it pours. I've got another couple of circuits where I need to replace an old linear supply that is not longer available. So I'm again trying the wall wart and a CUI three terminal...
6
6

OT: Slowman Exposed...
OT: Slowman (and other lurkers here) Exposed... ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | STV, Queen...
43
43

thermocouple connector
I need to bring Type-E (Ni-Cr and Cu-Ni) thermocouple wire inside of (weathertight) enclosure. Ni-Cr is not solderable (AFAIK), I do not know about Cu-Ni (we do not have it yet to try). Is using...

Xilinx HW-130 Adatpers
> So I need to find the adapter(s) below. If anyone can help out please > let me know. > > HW-133-PC44 > HW-133-PC68 > HW-133-PC84 > > For reference here is webpage showing the HW-133-PC68 adapter...
1
1

Junkbox boost converter update
So I replaced the feedback divider with a scaled up resistor network, with the top resistor in the megohm series. I also added a high-current PNP pulldown at the gate, driven from three sections of...
9
9

OT: Unexpected, but maybe should have expected
Unexpected, but maybe should have expected... Wife brings a digital kitchen timer into my office... "it stopped working". Changed battery... nada. On a lark, don't know why I thought of it, removed...
11
11

Power Supply
Suppose I wanted to buy an off-the-shelf fixed +/-20V 5A (ea) for a G-job, what would I buy? ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and...
2
2

What would you call it?
What would you call it? I've developed a simple-minded subcircuit for use with NOISE analyses in Spice/PSpice/LTspice such that... o It passes DC at whatever RDC you set o It jumps to gmin/2 at some...
7
7

The Deplorables
You go right ahead, but we ain't taking no more shit. 1. Women, White Men gave you your rights. 2. Blacks, White Men gave you your rights. I, a White Man am willing to die for your rights right now....
138
138

Looking for Spectrogram of GSM Signal
Does anyone know where I can find online a detailed spectrogram of a GSM phone signal? Any network will do. I want to see the TDMA and other pulsed components. Kevin Foster
1
1

Amplifier startup problem
I've implemented the circuit on page 2 of with the addition of 1K resistors across the 100uF capacitors to define ground as being midway between the power rails. Most of the time, it works fine, but...
50
50

555 timer alternative for short duty cycle?
555 timers are useful, but they have a limitation that they can't have a duty cycle of < 50% in astable mode. I need 100KHz, about 25% duty cycle for a switching power supply. I know I can use an...
34
34