Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Tooth care
My teeth tend to get badly stained despite rigorous brushing with a "Whitening" toothpaste. Recently purchase Sonicare toothbrush from Costco (whatever model they had on sale, locally). So far, the...
7
7

JFETs being phased out?
Following some remarks here recently about the difficulty in sourcing discrete JFETs I did a bit of searching and discovered to my chagrin that they have indeed become exceedingly rare beasts. I like...
26
26

ferrite stuff
It would be cool to buy coax that has a ferrite-loaded plastic jacket, or to have ferrite-loaded shrink tubing. I can't find much of either.
11
11

turnished solder
I know some of you work on older PC boards that may have encoder being stored or operated in damp areas, it tends to cause the solder to turnish and is hard to rework for repairs.. Other than...
33
33

new laser?
My friend has made a working laser that has the following intellectual properties: 1) the more learned the individual is regarding laser construction and operation, the more confused and hostile they...
26
26

OT: An Interesting Constitutional Twist...
OT: An Interesting Constitutional Twist... ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | STV, Queen Creek, AZ...

OT: Shocking news
The most shocking part of the Trump victory is the realization that Newt Gingrich is somehow still among the land of the living. I mean seriously, who knew? It seems they just unpack him from his...
76
76

!Unbelievable Disaster in the Making!
Standby to get ripped off to the max! This idiot is going to privatize every last bit of the traditionally government operated infrastructure. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see how this is...
7
7

Favourite FFT analyzer?
Hi, all, I'm doing a bunch of noise measurements, and I find that there's a hole in my test equipment collection . I have a nice HP 35665A dynamic signal analyzer, which is just the ticket except that...
16
16

Voltage to PWM
Hi all, I want to make a V to PWM circuit. (For a servoed heater.) I drew a triangle wave into a comparator, and that seems simple enough. Though it will take a few IC for the triangle wave. (I guess...
18
18

JFET mini-comparo--BFT862 not actually unique
I promised a bit of low-noise JFET comparison data. I looked at 4 BF862s from different reels, three ON Semi parts, the CPH3910, NSVM2394, and NSVJ3557, and the Fairchild MMBFJ310. I swapped them in...
3
3

Electoral College
So how many support continuing to use the electoral college rather than selecting a president by popular vote? The original Constitution was written to use electors selected by the various states...
119
119

Venezuela or Rwanda
Time will tell I guess:
1
1

The Prez
I guess Lisa Simpson will be the next president. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cw2qDHIXgAAc5FD.jpg
1
1

Field inductance of automotive alternator rotor
I'm struggling to find a value. Some Googling suggests 200-500uH but I'm not overly confident with these values. If anyone has any feel for this, I would be grateful for some info.
9
9