Subject Author Posted Replies

How to reliably reset a square loop ferrite ring?
Theory says that B will be 0 when (+/-) Hc is applied, but for some reason it just doesn't work. When I turn off the current, B jumps back to Br. What I want to do: take a toroidal ring from an old...
29
29

OT: CalExit
...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | STV, Queen Creek, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | | |...
119
119

Shipping Dispute
I am having a problem with a customer who claims part of a shipment was not sent. The shipment was sent in early October, 120 units, 60 on each of two POs. In December I sent several unpaid invoices...
31
31

Art of Electronics 3rd Edition more famous than Feynman's Lectures on physics
Just out of curiosity, I browsed the physics section on to see which academic text book was the best selling, believing it to be the Feynman lectures on physics, and I came across this: #1 in Books >...
52
52

Re: How to calculate the "lift-force" of a electro magnet?
Just a note- you are responding to a message that is more than 15 years old, and unfortunately Frank has not been seen in these here parts for quite some time. --sp

Funny specification for CMOS input for microcontroller, unused inputs and slow transitions
Hey So I was just browsing a datasheet for a RX130 microcontroller: It has a precaution note on page 115: So basically in point: 1: A slowly transitioning signal can cause the device to malfunction 2:...
22
22

What's the deal with 600 Ohms?
Gentlemen, Just sorting through my vast collection of obsolete test equipment looking for a milliohm meter (found one!) and came across a *lot* of test equipment with 600 Ohm outputs. It was obviously...
25
25

Switching amplifier outputs
I need to drive a speaker from either of two sources (2-8ohm, 15-25W, BTL) Obviously, select a break-before-make contact configuration. But, how concerned should I be about ensuring that both driving...
7
7

DC lab amp.
Well mostly the front end of amp* I'm at home so I can't post a pic of the lab amp in AoE3, (pg 274?8?) Win, I hope it's OK to post a dropbox link to a figure from your book? In this case, I (think,...
13
13

LM1117 model
If I download the "LM1117 Adjustable Unencrypted PSpice Transient Model", how do I use that in LT Spice? If I plop the file in the current sim folder, and .LIB name it on the schematic, how do I...
5
5

Ooooh, trippy! But I think my house is haunted
My wife's been after me for decades to get my hearing tested. I've resisted until now because only old people need hearing aids. Turns out that I have a hearing loss pattern that's typical of...
22
22

OT: Dental Insurance
OT: Dental Insurance... I've picked up a long-term gig where they insist on W-2 instead of 1099... probably been zapped by IRS and the contractor rules ;-) Anyway, they offer dental insurance (Delta...
14
14

Why put a type-A USB connector on a peripheral device?
I've been looking at USB-to-UART adapters, and find that a lot of them have type-A USB connectors. And I'm curious why that would be done instead of a mini or micro USB connector. Assuming the other...
17
17

LT Spice noise analysis
I wonder why it requires a noiseless input source to be specified. Any why does it only analyze the noise at one node? Given that, why do I have to probe that one node?
38
38

uglySpice
There ought to be some sort of IgNobel kind of prize for the ugliest LT SPice schematics.
7
7