Subject Author Posted Replies

silicone keypad carbon button contacts
We're doing a custom silicone pushbutton thing, sort of like this one: The pcb below the keypad will look something like where the center hole lets light through to back-light the key, and the two...
19
19

Plan B : Blocking out the sun to fight global warming
When this goes into effect on a global scale, be very worried:
14
14

Diode Array
I'm looking for a replacement for the CA3039 diode array, which has been s uccessfully used in a precision demodulator circuit operating up to 1 MHz. The part has been obsoleted by Intersil. The...
10
10

O.T. Place Ampere
I'm in Lyon at the moment, and I've just walked back from Place Ampere, whi close to Lyon, and got a lot of his education there. I've spent more time at the Royal Institution in London, which was...
24
24

Re: OT: Anybody actually using a 3-D printer?
I don't have one as I fear it would be a severe distraction though I have cadged some time on a friends unit to print a digital sundial. My impressions are that they are interesting but a bit tricky...
17
17

Magnesium Oxide Board
This stuff is really tough, they should be wearing respirators though:
5
5

Should Math be taught in schools? Lets ask the "Miss USA pageant contestants"
Getting back to the certifiable morons, except Miss Vermont, a real standout:
44
44

Residential Solar Relieving Peak Demand
My understanding is the peak usage period each day in the summer is about 3 to 6 PM. A few days ago the forecast was for 95F+ for a couple of days. The local electrical utility cooperative sent an...
40
40

5.25 trillion pieces of plastic litter Earth's oceans
Look at this ungodly mess! "Research has attributed as much as 60 per cent of the world's plastic pollution to just five countries, China, Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam and Thailand, likely reasons...
24
24

Californica solar requirements screw all...
Californica solar requirements screw all... have solar panels as their source of energy." Note that "_all_homes_sold_" >:-} You're all screwed. ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog...
124
124

America: A Nation of Certifiable Morons
1 In 4 Americans Thinks The Sun Goes Around The Earth, Survey Says
79
79

How Whales Change Climate
Dunno what kind of idiots think climate change is all about atmospheric and geophysics- well, actually I do: people too stupid to admit their ignorance. Only now the modelling is being fined tuned for...
10
10

CD4007 Logic Level Shifter
See "CD4007_Logic_Level_Shifter.zip" on the S.E.D/Schematics Page of my website. Had the original CD4007 designer been more free and not tied gates together, it could be done without the resistors....
8
8

Chocolate Milk
Chocolate Milk, San Fransicko strikes again... ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | STV, Queen...
22
22

Good Find, CD4007 Spice Model Library....
Good Find, CD4007 Spice Model Library, at Rochester Institute of Technology, actual measurements by Professor Lynn Fuller... ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et |...
44
44