Shrouded banana jack with hex nut

Does anyone know a source of safety banana jacks like these

but with hex nuts ? I don't fancy paying an extra 15 GBP for the special tool.

Thanks in advance.

J'ai des droits. Les autres ont des devoirs.
Reply to
Andre Majorel

Pomona 72930 might do what you want. It has a hex nut:

About $2.20 each from various US suppliers. They are available in various colors.

I hope this helps!

Standard disclaimers apply; I don't get money or other consideration from any companies mentioned.

Matt Roberds

Reply to
mroberds

Yes, that's what I'm looking for, except for the stud termination. They'll cost more than round nuts + tool in the long run, though. I'll keep looking. Thanks again.

J'ai des droits. Les autres ont des devoirs.
Reply to
Andre Majorel

Pomona 6387? It has a solder turret terminal.

Otherwise, it might be possible to buy the jacks that take the strange nut, and replace the strange nut with a hex nut. At least for the Pomona parts, though, the strange nut seems to have a strange thread - one drawing of the jack implies that the major diameter of the threads is about 10.8 mm, which is *in between* M10 and M12 threads, and also

*in between* US 3/8 inch and 7/16 inch threads.

Matt Roberds

Reply to
mroberds