Yanks can't pronounce SOLDER correctly-IDIOTS!

Anyone else noticed on U-Tube electronic videos that virtually every Yank can't pronounce the simple
word "SOLDER" correctly?

Yanks always say "SODDER"........which sounds completely ridiculous !!!!!!!

For all you Seppos who are still trying to defend your BAD EDUCATION with respect
to pronouncing "SOLDER"..
....try saying BOLDER; COLDER, FOLDER and then explain why you have to completely
fuck it up when you say "SOLDER".

Re: Yanks can't pronounce SOLDER correctly-IDIOTS!

First time I heard Z-80 in a US TV show (~35 years ago), our trs-80 user group wondered what a C-80 was :-)

But sodder takes a lot of beating, as there is no logical explanation to it.

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

All Olimex products now 30%+ off normal Olimex Prices.

Re: Yanks can't pronounce SOLDER correctly-IDIOTS!
Ahh to be fair we have a few eccentricities of accent too :-)

Re: Yanks can't pronounce SOLDER correctly-IDIOTS!
On Thu, 08 May 2014 00:11:26 +0200, yaputya

What about 'herb'? They drop the h... I cannot bloody stand to hear
it. That's probably the most irritating seppo bastardised word for me.

Re: Yanks can't pronounce SOLDER correctly-IDIOTS!

Innernet has to one of the commonly used words today.

--
Sell your surplus electronic components at http://ozcomponents.com
Search or browse for that IC, capacitor,

Yeah, plenty of them when you think about it.

Re: Yanks can't pronounce SOLDER correctly-IDIOTS!

It is disappointing that they don't seems to also make the 'L' silent in
"flux".

Re: Yanks can't pronounce SOLDER correctly-IDIOTS!

** Ever used this product  -  used to be sold by Dick Smith Electronics.

http://www.hmcelectronics.com/product/Soder-Wick/80-3-10

** When in Rome, better learn to eat spaghetti and smile.

...  Phil

Re: Yanks can't pronounce SOLDER correctly-IDIOTS!

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/solder?s=t
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/solder
http://www.macmillandictionary.com/us/dictionary/american/solder

Sounds like "sodder" to me. The L is silent - maybe you need speech
therapy? :^(

Re: Yanks can't pronounce SOLDER correctly-IDIOTS!

Your dictionary is defective

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/solder
http://www.macmillandictionary.com/us/dictionary/british/solder

go away, troll.

--
umop apisdn

Re: Yanks can't pronounce SOLDER correctly-IDIOTS!

Americans just fucked it up and it has stuck.
Somewhere along the line, a yank mispronounced it and probably due
to geographical isolation (communication wasn't aural) the BIG MISTAKE
was propogated throughout the entire US education system.

Try this sequence, Einstein...
folder NOT FODDER
colder NOT CODDER
bolder NOT BODDER
holder NOT HODDER
welder NOT WEDDER
wilder NOT WIDDER
boulder NOT BOUDDER
fielder NOT FIEDDER
smolder NOT SMODDER
now explain why Yanks cannot pronounce SOLDER correctly?????

Re: Yanks can't pronounce SOLDER correctly-IDIOTS!

Nucelar comes to mind.
Drives me around the bend.
Remember G.W.Bush?

Re: Yanks can't pronounce SOLDER correctly-IDIOTS!
Nookular surely

They also pronounce

Hyundai as Hunday (the Koreans pronounce it as  hy-oon-day)
Mirror as Merr
Error as Err.

Re: Yanks can't pronounce SOLDER correctly-IDIOTS!

not to overlook:

Mazda as Muzda
Nissan as Nee-san

But credit where credit is due, they *can* say Toyota.

Re: Yanks can't pronounce SOLDER correctly-IDIOTS!

I thought Yanks pronounced Toyota as "Toyoda".

Re: Yanks can't pronounce SOLDER correctly-IDIOTS!
Toyota should be pronounced Toh-yoh-tah

Re: Yanks can't pronounce SOLDER correctly-IDIOTS!
Bush comes from TEX-ARSE, the last place you would expect correct
English to be taught!!  ("taught" will also confuse many simple-minded
Yanks!)

Re: Yanks can't pronounce SOLDER correctly-IDIOTS!
And they play Goff

Re: Yanks can't pronounce SOLDER correctly-IDIOTS!
Sometimes

Re: Yanks can't pronounce SOLDER correctly-IDIOTS!

Whitlam?