Wireless link to use my headphones?

I have noise canceling headphones that I would like to use with a
wireless connection to my television set. Is there a device that I
could plug into the TV headphone socket that would transmit the stereo
audio to a matching device that I could put into a shirt pocket and
plug my headphones into it.

Re: Wireless link to use my headphones?

AFAIK not directly and simply.  But there are plenty of quality wireless
heaphone sets available that you could hook up to your TV.

geoff

Re: Wireless link to use my headphones?
In a couple of words
  "Induction Loop"

Re: Wireless link to use my headphones?

CPC sell one that works at 800-odd MHz.

Chris

Re: Wireless link to use my headphones?

I did look but I did not find a quality, wireless, noise canceling
headphone. Even if I found one I suspect that each of those adjectives
costs around $100.00 and I already have two thirds of what I need. I'm
happy with my Sennheiser PX 250 <http://tinyurl.com/sennheiser2 .
Wireless would allow me to fetch a cup of coffee without pausing the
TV program.

Re: Wireless link to use my headphones?

http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/search/results.jsp?N41%1&Ntk=gensearch_003&Ntt=cordless+audio&Ntx=&isGoback=false

Re: Wireless link to use my headphones?

Instead of noise-cancelling, why not just get enclosed phones ? That way you
won't get the weird phasy effects than NC gives.

geoff

Re: Wireless link to use my headphones?

To be honest, the answer is because I believed a Bose advertisement I
read in an airline magazine after trying to watch a movie
<http://www.bose.com.au/site/about_bose/technologies/index.aspx?path=products&CTRL=PTCH&pfid=&tid=6 .
I assumed that both the Bose and my, cheaper, Sennheiser earphones
were "enclosed" in addition to noise canceling.
I agree that this effect is noticeable when you first turn on noise
canceling but I don't notice it after a few seconds.

Anyway, which enclosed earphones would you recommend that would have
comparable performance to noise canceling ones on a 747.

Re: Wireless link to use my headphones?

SC's not so high-tech mono solution to your problem:
http://www.siliconchip.com.au/cms/A_109639/article.html

It's rather interesting that there does not appear to be products
readily available to fill this niche... I could do with one myself.

Dave.

Re: Wireless link to use my headphones?

there are small low powered FM radio transmiiters, in your pocket
you'd put an ordinary FM radio.

Site Timeline