What happened to Worldwide in Perth?

What happened to Worldwide Electronic Components in Perth.

I drove past today, and Mike seems to have shut up shop!

Re: What happened to Worldwide in Perth?

Mike now runs his business from home in Padbury i think, still same phone
number

Steve

Re: What happened to Worldwide in Perth?

You can download his catalogue from the website.

One thing I haven't checked is whether the remnants on the back shelf that
sold for a song are still around. Some of it was good stuff.

Re: What happened to Worldwide in Perth?

He closed the storefront late last year.  From his website
http://members.iinet.com.au/~worcom/ he states:

"To maintain the highest standards of service delivery and cost competitiveness
we are no longer operating a shop front."

He indicated to me that the greater part of his business had always been mail
order, and with rising rents and other costs the shop didn't really make too
much sense.

And regrettably, Bruce, all the surplus stuff disappeared in the process.

Site Timeline