Washing Machine Timer

Anyone had experience with washer timers , model is a Whirlpool front loader
AWM8121
wont drain/spin . Test sequence indicates control timer is at fault  and i
was wondering if i should attempt to
repair timer or just buy new one.

Problem is occuring 90% of the time . it will work once in every ten or so
washes

Steve

Re: Washing Machine Timer

get a new timer.

loader

Re: Washing Machine Timer

I second that. Tried to fix one once - never again.
Spend the $30 for a new one and enjoy the 3 hours you just gained.

Re: Washing Machine Timer

Where do you get them for $30 though? Last time I replaced one (ten years
ago), they were asking twice that from wholesaler. Four times as much from
manufacturer. Are there cheaper Chinese ones available now maybe?

MrT.

Re: Washing Machine Timer

Is it a mechanical timer?
My old top loader had a mechanical timer. The springs that the contacts are
on can be bent slightly to give more contact pressure.
It is an interesting exercise.
John

Re: Washing Machine Timer

Not sure havent had time to take it out yet, looks like a bastard of a job
They still put mechanical timers in do they?
Either way a new one is $258 so i will be doing some troubleshooting on the
weekend by the looks
Would think it must be micro controlled partly

Steve