Tumble dryer power switch problem

It's a Westinghouse LD505e
As from today I have to hold the power switch in all the time otherwise it
switches itself off. I used to be able to just press once for on, and again for
off. Other than that it works fine.

The power switch is non-latching so there's no visual indication of on/off other
than the LEDs and beeper.
Here's some pics.
Power switch is the brown thing on the right.
http://members.iinet.net.au/~mbuckler/tumble-dryer/pcb-right-and-power-switch.jpg

Reverse side showing power switch on left and control relays.
http://members.iinet.net.au/~mbuckler/tumble-dryer/power-switch.jpg

Transformer
http://members.iinet.net.au/~mbuckler/tumble-dryer/transformer.jpg

PCB middle
http://members.iinet.net.au/~mbuckler/tumble-dryer/pcb-middle.jpg

PCB left
http://members.iinet.net.au/~mbuckler/tumble-dryer/pcb-left.jpg

Does anyone have an idea of how to diagnose this?

Mike

Re: Tumble dryer power switch problem
HI Mike,
The power switch  looks like it would be a latching type,
It has High current wires attached i.e. its not small signal type like would
be used to trigger relays/ electronics.
See if you can get hold of a new one and compare  it.
If your sure its not that, check the door switch.
Best luck, don't kill your self, or burn the house down.
Allan

http://members.iinet.net.au/~mbuckler/tumble-dryer/pcb-right-and-power-switch.jpg

Re: Tumble dryer power switch problem

Pulled the switch apart  (it turned out to be a latching type) and cleaned it.
I guess fluff or something got inside..
I was expecting it to be like the front panel switch in a computer which simply
carries a logic signal.
It's all working now.

Thanks

Mike