Tiny 19200 baud 5km radius radio modem

Is there any commercially available tiny (to be carried in model airplane)
radio modems capable of communicating (full-dublex) at rate of 19200 baud
(or faster) in a radius of up to 5km?

Re: Tiny 19200 baud 5km radius radio modem

<Nick>

**  The ANO that allows R/C aircraft to fly prohibits all out of visual
range operation.

    What are you planning ?

.........  Phil

Re: Tiny 19200 baud 5km radius radio modem

Attaching a bomb to it and flying straight through your bed-sit flat window.
FFS, what difference does it make to you anyway Toaster Boi?

Re: Tiny 19200 baud 5km radius radio modem

WARNING to all USENET readers:

** Alan Kendall Rutlidge of 15 Ruth Street Northbridge, WA  (aka The Arse
Bandit ) is a congenital liar.

He has lied through his backside for every day of his whole life.

He first lied to his parents.

He then lied to his teachers.

He the continued lied to Telstra where they sheltered the evil sod for 26
years.

No lie whatever is beneath or beyond him.

Rutlidge is a consummate lair.

There is no-one he will not try to deceive.

Such an individual is an, evil public menace.

.........    Phil

Re: Tiny 19200 baud 5km radius radio modem

YAWN

Re: Tiny 19200 baud 5km radius radio modem

Alan, how old are you (not chronologically, but mentally). I believe we may
see some very small numbers here.

<FFS, what difference does it make to you anyway Toaster Boi?

Re: Tiny 19200 baud 5km radius radio modem

WARNING to all USENET readers:

** Alan Kendall Rutlidge of 15 Ruth Street Northbridge, WA  (aka The Arse
Bandit ) is a congenital liar and criminal net stalker.

He has lied through his backside for every day of his whole life.

He first lied to his parents.

He then lied to his teachers.

He the continued lied to Telstra where they sheltered the evil sod for 26
years.

No lie whatever is beneath or beyond him.

Rutlidge is a consummate lair.

There is no-one he will not try to deceive.

Such an individual is an, evil public menace.

........    Phil

Re: Tiny 19200 baud 5km radius radio modem

YAWN!

Phil, you must be slipping.  Taken you about 36 hours to respond to this
one - ROFL.
Suffering from old timers' disease are you?

Re: Tiny 19200 baud 5km radius radio modem

Do I sense a little animosity here?   :-)

Re: Tiny 19200 baud 5km radius radio modem

No.  It's called net-stalking.  Cowardly little Phil is just a gutless
troll.  He makes a habit of posting stuff of a personal nature which is
usually 99% bullshit to a disinterested audience.  Just ignore him.

Cheers,
Alan

Re: Tiny 19200 baud 5km radius radio modem

Can you do the same? Nobody wants to read either side of that exchange.
--T

Re: Tiny 19200 baud 5km radius radio modem

Depends which ANO, which depends on which country you live in. Judging
by the list of newsgroups, the OP lives in Australia and I'm not
familiar with their ANO.

You may have difficulty getting that kind of range with a license-free
solution. I'd advise checking the local regulations to see if there is
a band where they allow you enough power output to get 5km range
without a directional antenna. As a rough guess, you'll need the best
part of 1W output.

Tim
--
You are being watched. This gives you power.

Re: Tiny 19200 baud 5km radius radio modem

If you promise to post replies below what you are replying to, in
order to provide context, I'll tell you it stands for Air Navigation
Order - the law of the skies.

Tim
--
You are being watched. This gives you power.

Re: Tiny 19200 baud 5km radius radio modem

"Tim Auton"

**  How brilliant of you to say that.

The OP is in Australia, so am I and posting on aus.electronics.

From his IP address, he is in Sydney.

** Why are pommies always so keen to boast about their ignorance ??

Is it to justify their infuriating penchant for continually arguing for that
same position ??

FYI:

Commonwealth of Australia

Department of Aviation

Air Navigation Orders

Part 95,  Section  95.21

re. Model Aircraft

4.1  A model aircraft shall not be flown:

(a) unless visibility permits continuous visual contact by the operator with
the aircraft, or

(b)  in cloud.

...........   Phil

Re: Tiny 19200 baud 5km radius radio modem

[snip]

Wrong. You are posting on aus.electronics, comp.arch.embedded and
comp.robotics.misc.

Tim
--
You are being watched. This gives you power.

Re: Tiny 19200 baud 5km radius radio modem

"Tim Auton"

**  No -   ** I **  am posting on aus.electronics  -   you pedantic,
oversnipping pommy idiot.

...........  Phil

Re: Tiny 19200 baud 5km radius radio modem

Look at the newsgroups line in your newsreader. You may be reading
only aus.electronics, but *you* have the choice over where the
messages you post are distributed. You can quite easily post replies
to this thread which go only to aus.electronics, but through ignorance
or incompetence you have failed to do so.

My reply was not specific to Australia, nor was it directed at you. It
was a reply intended for the global audience among whom this thread is
being distributed. It was intended to be useful to the originator of
the thread as well as to other interested readers around the world.

<troll>
I can see you're bitter about the ashes, but it's only once ever
couple of decades that we get them back. You'll get over it.
</troll>

Tim
--
You are being watched. This gives you power.

Re: Tiny 19200 baud 5km radius radio modem

WARNING:  To all aus.electronics readers !!!

Alan Rutlidge is a Criminal Lunatic

Alan Kendall Rutlidge of 15 Ruth Street Northbridge, WA  (aka The Arse
Bandit Fuckwit ) is a congenital, scumbag liar.

He has lied through his backside for every day of his whole life.

He first lied to his parents about his perversions.

He then lied to his teachers about the same thing.

He then continued lying to Telstra where they sheltered the evil sod for 26
years.  But the guys around him knew what he was.

No lie whatever is beneath or beyond him.

Rutlidge is a consummate and fluent liar.

There is no-one he will not try to deceive.

Such an individual is an evil public menace.

.........    Phil

Re: Tiny 19200 baud 5km radius radio modem

Get off your high horse. The post was cross posted to multiple newsgroups
and I for one did not notice it had gone to aus.electronics until it was
pointed out.

Let's try to keep this friendly shall we or else retrict your posts to
aus.electronics

Regards
Sergio Masci

http://www.xcprod.com/titan/XCSB - optimising PIC compiler
FREE for personal non-commercial use

Re: Tiny 19200 baud 5km radius radio modem

It is funny, but only in small doses.