test equipment

ive picked up a swemar generator
model lsw-250 made by leader.

what is it used for, and what does it do?
has anyone used one.

thanks
zack

Re: test equipment

tv sweep gen ?

Re: test equipment

"zack"

**  Is that "picked -up" as in "picked up a dose of the flu "  ?

**  TV service -  in the days of B&W and valves.

**  Few valve era TV techs would have even used one.

   Cos most of them were valve jockeys.

......  Phil

Re: test equipment

Is that the same kind of thing that Tandy used to have in their Stores,
(wow, now Iam going back a few years) for testing Valves?
Allan

Re: test equipment

"Allan"

**  Nope  -  it is a  VHF  sweep frequency generator used to help align
tuners  & IF strips of  TV sets after repair of same.

 Really a valve era relic,  as SS tuners and IF strips rarely is ever needed
such alignments.

 Do a Google search if you are really curious about them.

.......   Phil

Re: test equipment

   Sweep generators were replaced by the Sencore VA-62 and VA-48 step
alignment system for TV tuners and IF systems over 25 yeas ago.

prove it.