Sourcing some Smart Home products...

I am looking to make new house "smart" etc and have a pretty good idea of wiring needs and rack etc. I would be doing this myself and with off the shelf computer gear (ie - 19" rack etc) rather than the stupidly overpriced domestic boxes. But there are a couple other bits I need help in sourcing.

  1. Alarm Panel / System. The system I have in mind must be able to call my mobile phone in case of activation. They all pretty much do that. BUT, I want the system to be able to communicate with me and let me know exactly which zone / zones have been activated. This is to be done wither with beep codes or voice - not data sqeulch. Is there such a system?

  1. Thermostat. There will be 2 Reverse cycle ducted system in the house. Each of them will be supplied with the original manufacturer's panel. Am I able to allow these panels to be turned on and off by simply calling into it, and dialing codes? I don't need a great deal of controls - just be able to turn on the AC on the way home, from a mobile phone.

  2. Door intercom system. I am looking for an affordable intercom (voice only) that will ring the house phone (hopefully in a different tone). Also with ability to open / close a door strike / electric gate, through the phone. I have a need for 3 Externally mounted Intercoms, operating 2 door strikes and 1 electric gate.

Any help appreciated.

Reply to
NetPlus Micro Computers (Shaw

re: i want this and that..............

i know this skool kid who likes taking clocks apart (but always has parts left over when re-assembled) who will be pleased to design and assemble your system for peanuts.

Reply to
Ed -|-