Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary
- Posted on
- Sourcing some Smart Home products...
- NetPlus Micro Computers (Shaw
July 14, 2005, 3:19 am
rate this thread
I am looking to make new house "smart" etc and have a pretty good idea of
wiring needs and rack etc. I would be doing this myself and with off the
shelf computer gear (ie - 19" rack etc) rather than the stupidly overpriced
domestic boxes. But there are a couple other bits I need help in sourcing.
1. Alarm Panel / System. The system I have in mind must be able to call my
mobile phone in case of activation. They all pretty much do that. BUT, I
want the system to be able to communicate with me and let me know exactly
which zone / zones have been activated. This is to be done wither with beep
codes or voice - not data sqeulch. Is there such a system?
2. Thermostat. There will be 2 Reverse cycle ducted system in the house.
Each of them will be supplied with the original manufacturer's panel. Am I
able to allow these panels to be turned on and off by simply calling into
it, and dialing codes? I don't need a great deal of controls - just be able
to turn on the AC on the way home, from a mobile phone.
3. Door intercom system. I am looking for an affordable intercom (voice
only) that will ring the house phone (hopefully in a different tone). Also
with ability to open / close a door strike / electric gate, through the
phone. I have a need for 3 Externally mounted Intercoms, operating 2 door
strikes and 1 electric gate.
Any help appreciated.
- » Looking for tutorial material on loddy impedance matching
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Electronics Design