Solar Panel installations dangerous

**See:

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id82%51879

" The audit by Fair Trading focused on installations in Port Macquarie,
uncovering 29 per cent had potentially life-threatening electrical defaults
and 64 per cent were in breach of the Home Building Act. "

Installing stuff in or on people's roofs seems to be fraught with peril ....

....   Phil

Re: Solar Panel installations dangerous
It happens that Phil Allison formulated :

If they could not install bags of fluff how could we expect the same
scammers to do safe electrical work?? :'(

Re: Solar Panel installations dangerous

In the last few weeks before the fluff support cut out I had at least
2 groups come to the door and offer to install insulation "for free"
plus $100 cash back.

They both seemed rather surprised when the offer was refused.

A neighbour took one or other offer and I saw a couple of kids
(i.e. early teens) on his roof pulling out tiles all over the place
and shoving bats in through the holes.

The neighbout tells me his roof hasnt stopped leaking since.

--
[Denial 101:]
No one against us... against me for what?  My people... they love me... all...

Can some one translate that into clear english instead of news jabble?
The clearest I can work out is to replace "undercovering" by found.

Re: Solar Panel installations dangerous

"terryc"

** The language used is pretty clear, except for the typo with  "defaults"
( should be simply "faults" ).

  English is not your first language   - eh ?

....  Phil

Re: Solar Panel installations dangerous

Thank you SMH.
http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-national/solar-panels-face-checks-after-flaws-found-20110522-1eyi6.html?skin=text-only

Re: Solar Panel installations dangerous
On Sun, 22 May 2011 13:31:59 +1000, terryc

One issue Ive asked about a lot and never got a clear answer is what
is an Installer.
In order to get the 5 X RECs or soon to be 4 X RECS the Solar System
has to be installed by a licensed BCSE Installer.
But exactly what this means no one seems to know.
For example does it mean that the person / persons physically
installing the Solar Panels on a customers roof has to be licensed.
Or does it mean that the persons installing the Solar panels dont have
to be licensed as long as they are supervised by someone who is .
Or does it mean that the work that the unlicensed persons are doing
only has to be checked at a later date by someone who is licensed.
None of the relevant Govt departments who administer the REC scheme
have been able to give me a straightforward  answer.

Does anyone know?

Re: Solar Panel installations dangerous
http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-national/solar-panels-face-checks-after-flaws-found-20110522-1eyi6.html?skin=text-only
Someone with a permit has to be there on site actively in the work

--

Re: Solar Panel installations dangerous

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-national/solar-panels-face-checks-after-flaws-found-20110522-1eyi6.html?skin=text-only

Can you link me any legislation or Govt guildline that actually says
this.
Is there any inspection scheme that actually monitors that such a
person is present.
If no such person was present , has any offence been committed.

Re: Solar Panel installations dangerous
http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-national/solar-panels-face-checks-after-flaws-found-20110522-1eyi6.html?skin=text-only
Do your own homework

--

Re: Solar Panel installations dangerous

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-national/solar-panels-face-checks-after-flaws-found-20110522-1eyi6.html?skin=text-only
http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/Tradespeople/Green_energy_installers/Installing_solar_panels.html#Licence_requirements

Re: Solar Panel installations dangerous

"Mauried"

** The commonly heard term " Roof Monkey "  occurs to me.

Aptly describes most TV antenna installers, roof tilers and all sorts of bi
and quadruped critters that crawl in and over people's roofs.

BTW:

Licences do not prove that anyone is trustworthy at any task.

Licences exist not as proofs, but something valuable that can be taken OFF
someone as a way of controlling their bad behaviour.

Eg,  a driver's licence.

....  Phil

Re: Solar Panel installations dangerous

 Who inspects the inspectors?