Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary
- Posted on
Re: Schematics for HP/Compak NX9110 Notebook Main Board
What do you see when you look at the outputs of the supplies with a scope?
First thing I'd try is to bridge a big cap at each of the voltage
outputs. Designers are expecting too much out of filter caps these days.
They go open and the first pulse out of the switch overvoltages the
system. Since there are multiple feedback and control paths, it's not
always easy to see.
I have a HP LCD monitor with an open cap. The power supply put out
20V spikes on the 5V line as part of the shutdown cycle.
Fixing the cap fixed the supply, but the control processor has taken
offense and died.
- » Words for Jaycar Kit KA1795 - add-on regulator for car battery charger
- — Previous thread in » Electronics Down Under
- » Lead vs Lithium batteries - Large scale energy storage
- — Newest thread in » Electronics Down Under
- » LWM2M C Language Implementation for the Small Embedded IoT Devices
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Embedded Programming