SCART to Component Video

OK I know officially the SCART standard doesn't support
component video but you can buy what are claimed to be SCART
component video leads and some set top boxes allow you to
configure the STB SCART output to component video out.  In any
event my son's STB with component video outs died recently so we
pulled out and old AWA (Kaon Media) KTF 220 STB with such a
configurable SCART port.  After using the setup of the STB to
switch I plugged in a SCART to component video cable from
Altronics
(http://www.altronics.com.au/index.asp?area=item&id=P6664 )
but no picture resulted.  I' ve had no luck with this after
juggling cable sand configurations  so how "standard" are the
SCART to component video cable configurations and should I
really expect it to work?

--
Regards
Blue