Samsung DVD-V530 turns on then off

Greetings group.
Samsung vcr/dvd player model DVD-V530.

When Standby/on button is pressed, the display briefly show "ON" then
"OFF".
The display seems to flicker a little during this time.

I had hoped to find a faulty capacitor in the power supply unit, but
was not able to.

Has anyone seen and repaired this problem before?

Thanks in advance,
Russell Griffiths.

Re: Samsung DVD-V530 turns on then off

Did you upgrade the bios, other samsung ones will shut down when the CRC
comes back bad.

Re: Samsung DVD-V530 turns on then off

No, I have not upgraded the BIOS.
Can you tell me how to do that?
Russell.

Re: Samsung DVD-V530 turns on then off

Hi, Russel

Pull out VCR mechanism and turn on. If turns on, you likely to have bad
capstan motor.

Also check caps in PS.

Rudolf

Re: Samsung DVD-V530 turns on then off

No,I have not upgraded the BIOS.
Can you please explain how I would do that?

Russell.

Re: Samsung DVD-V530 turns on then off

It is possible that the VCR mechanism is jammed, many VCR units will do
this kind of thing when the mechanism is in an unknown state and the
motor can't drive it to a known state. Can you hear any motor running,
or trying to run, sounds when it tries to turn on?

I dislike the VCR/DVD combo units because VCRs are very mechanically
complex and frequently have mechanical failures and it kills both units
at once.

Brenden