RS Components Search

Whenever I try to do a search on RS Components Australian web site,

http://au.rs-online.com/web/

after just having called it up, I find that it ignores my first attempt,
and shows unrelated promotional stuff instead. I have to do the search a
second time.

Anyone else noticed this?

Sylvia.

Re: RS Components Search

Nope, worked first time for me. Chrome on Win10 pro fast insider preview.

Grant.

Re: RS Components Search

Actually, on further examination, the problem seems to be partly one of
impatience on my part. The page is willing to accept a search before
it's completed loading, and the part loaded subsequently overwrites the
search parameter. The form could be better designed, but at least now I
know.

Sylvia.

Re: RS Components Search

They probably hired a bunch of ex Yahoo programmers....................

Re: RS Components Search

Or something. I've had a number of search attempts fail even when I've
waited patiently first.

It seems to be like trying to test the proposition that toast always
lands butter side down - the nature of the beast means that it only
happens when used for real - any experiment is doomed to failure.

Sylvia.

Site Timeline