Re: OT(for aus.cars)Ping anyone who knows aboutTG782T modem

It should do providing it is still working.

Just log into the admin page and put in your bigpond details then click
apply.

The normal page is 192.168.0.1 however some isp's change this.

Re: OT(for aus.cars)Ping anyone who knows aboutTG782T modem

Thanks I will try it as soon as I find where I have put the power supply.

---

Re: OT(for aus.cars)Ping anyone who knows aboutTG782T modem

Any joy with your Toyota keys?
Regards,
Jacko.

Re: OT(for aus.cars)Ping anyone who knows aboutTG782T modem
Not yet glad you reminded me still not game untill outside toyota
dealers and I forgot

Re: OT(for aus.cars)Ping anyone who knows aboutTG782T modem

if they're gigabit ports connecting them to a phone line will kill them.

transformers are the usual way to couple ethernet ports.  I don't
think I've ever seen an optocoupler used.

--
umop apisdn

Re: OT(for aus.cars)Ping anyone who knows aboutTG782T modem

Mr. Murtz might not be a computer geek, but I doubt he'd have plugged the
'phone line into multiple network ports.

I don't make a habit of dismantling functional equipment, but the two most
recent gigabit switches I've had to open have both used opto-couplers.
Admittedly they were from the same manufacturer, so it might not be standard
across the board. All of the 10Mbps and 100Mbps equipment I've opened in the
past have used transformers.

And now the memories start flooding in... Trying to diagnose a network fault
through a maze of coax - 1Mbps ArcNet connected through 50 ohm coaxial cable
which wasn't allowed to be less than three metres long (per segment), and
which needed to be terminated at each end. And LANtastic with its "bleep of
death" resonating from all thirteen workstations... Ah, those were the days!
:-P

--
Bob Milutinovic
Cognicom

Re: OT(for aus.cars)Ping anyone who knows aboutTG782T modem
Offending article.

http://tinypic.com/r/xf866w/8

http://tinypic.com/r/wcg114/8

Re: OT(for aus.cars)Ping anyone who knows aboutTG782T modem

Well they're definitely transformers;
http://www.bothhandusa.com/products/filter-transformer/10-100-dual-dip.html

If you fancy replacing two 20-pin DIP packages in the hopes that they're the
culprits, you can get ten of them for about $15 including postage from
China;
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/s/1740156254.html

How good are your soldering skills?

I'm a little hesitant to decisively point the finger at these though, as
they have a habit of going tits-up as a complete package rather than
individual ports.

Alternatively, you can get a replacement unit for about $50 including
postage;
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/s/724815095.html

As mentioned previously though, a non-Thomson one would be a better idea for
longer-term sanity.

--
Bob Milutinovic
Cognicom

Re: OT(for aus.cars)Ping anyone who knows aboutTG782T modem

I can not imagine what would blow them individually either unless an
intermittent short in a bit of cat five cable or termination would do it
as I swapped it to different sockets testing them.

I have the DG834G but am having trouble configuring it for bigpond, when
the holidays are over I might have another marathon with the telstra techs .

Re: OT(for aus.cars)Ping anyone who knows aboutTG782T modem

soldering skills makes no difference, tried to order and they say can't
be shipped to Australia.
Might try wes or rs

Re: OT(for aus.cars)Ping anyone who knows aboutTG782T modem

Did the vendor say that after you placed the order?

Just looking at the postage options, they're all available for postage to
Australia;
http://yak.net.au/i/axp1740156254.jpg

If that vendor falls through, there're plenty of others;
http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?SearchText20%PT1024SX

--
Bob Milutinovic
Cognicom

Re: OT(for aus.cars)Ping anyone who knows aboutTG782T modem

before the payment page after filling a form with name address etc.