Overpriced crimp-lugs

Dropped into J R Turke today, to buy some forked spade crimp lugs, a bit
like there

http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=PT4623

but with a 6mm gap. I took the bag of 50 to the counter. The asking
price was $47.50. That is, nearly $1 per lug.

I declined.

Sylvia.

Re: Overpriced crimp-lugs

"Sylvia Else"

** WES Components:

Spade terminals, crimp type, 6.4mm gap in 3 wire gauges.

$6.59, $7.95 and $9.77  + gst

for a bag of 100.

....   Phil

Re: Overpriced crimp-lugs

Thanks.

Sylvia.

Re: Overpriced crimp-lugs

In the UK we more or less have a choice between the expensive ones with
brazed seams on the crimp tube or the cheap ones that have those hard
plastic sleeves that you "crimp" along with the terminal - the latter are
next to useless and pull off the wire dead easy. What I do is pull the
plastic sleeve off and crimp them with the tool for the bare metal ones. If
you need a really reliable crimp - finish off with a spot of solder, enough
solder to wick up the wire creates a fatigue point though.

If a terminal needs insulation, I use heat shrink sleeve.

Site Timeline