OT: Master Instruments Multimeter specification and schematic

Many here will know the name Master Instruments Pty. Ltd. Back in the era of
analogue measuring instruments they made very good meter movements and even
produced a general purpose field multimeter for use by the PMG Dept and the
defence forces. As supplied to the PMG it was designated APO Multimeter No. 3
and when supplied to the military it was designated Multimeter No. 4. I recall
that in the 1950's to mid 60's there were earlier iterations dubbed APO No.1 and
No.2.

I have an APO No.3 which was originally supplied to an engineer mate of mine
back in 1971 at a total cost of $68.50 without the carrying case. A leather
carrying case was added later.

Since I wanted to have some manufacturers literature on this meter I prevailed
upon Master Instruments to supply me with whatever documentation they may have
retained, but I was not expecting anything.  I was rather pleasantly surprised
when they were able to supply a copy of the specification and a schematic.
Master Instruments no longer manufacture analog meters (or any other kind), and
95% of their business these days consists of supplying batteries.

Unfortunately, the quality of the documentation was not good enough for printing
with any degree of clarity so I have retyped the original specification in Word
format and added a hand drawn schematic of the meter.

If anyone would like a copy of this documentation feel free to email me for a
copy.

Re: OT: Master Instruments Multimeter specification and schematic
and
printing

**Great service. I found the same thing with Iwatsu. I required a
schematic to track a fault in a 100MHz Iwatsu CRO a few years back. An
email to Japan elicited an instant response with a full manual in .pdf
form.

--
Trevor Wilson www.rageaudio.com.au

Site Timeline