OT: Copyright Infringement goes Back to The Future - Page 2

Re: OT: Copyright Infringement goes Back to The Future

 They're paying royalties, and you weren't, right?

  Yes. It's obviously derivative.

  Design a new, unique circuit. Start making a profit from it. Have
somebody else design an obvious derivative circuit and start selling
it, taking sales you might have made.

  Get back to us.

  I may seem unsympathetic but the phrase "intellectual property" does
have meaning.

  Mark L. Fergerson

Re: Copyright Infringement goes Back to The Future

**You shouldn't be surprised. Remember Duff Beer?

Copyright laws are just plain ludicrous. When the author of (say) Happy
Birthday gets 75 years protection and the inventor of (say) an artificial
heart only gets 7 years, one has to wonder if the laws require serious
overhaul.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: Copyright Infringement goes Back to The Future

says...

Well, patent law has its ridiculous points too.

Re: Copyright Infringement goes Back to The Future

**Indeed, but it s not as obscene as copyright laws.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: OT: Copyright Infringement goes Back to The Future

   Have you never heard of the Golden Rule??
   "He who has the gold, RULES".

Re: OT: Copyright Infringement goes Back to The Future

or "He Who Has the Gold, Makes the Rules".

Re: OT: Copyright Infringement goes Back to The Future

or "He Who Has the Gold, Makes the Rules".

Re: OT: Copyright Infringement goes Back to The Future

or "He Who Has the Gold, Makes the Rules".

Re: OT: Copyright Infringement goes Back to The Future

You'll know that there's REALLY a problem with copyright law when the
estate of James Maxwell starts sending you takedown notices over the
equations...:)

Re: OT: Copyright Infringement goes Back to The Future

The DELAY in removing the other ""infringers""
makes me think the fix is in somehow.

Re: OT: Copyright Infringement goes Back to The Future

   Not possible; way beyond statutory time limits ASS-u-ME-ing he
copyrighted them initially (and he did NOT, so they are PD).

Re: OT: Copyright Infringement goes Back to The Future

Have no fear, some MF will copyright a t-shirt with them on it.  I am =
waiting20%
for one such to go sue crazy.

Re: OT: Copyright Infringement goes Back to The Future

says...

Yet search Zazzle with the term "Flux Capacitor" and you get a zillion
hits for other t-shirts with the design on them. Not as fun as yours by
a mile. I like the geekiness of yours. Too bad NBC Universal are being
such dickheads.

Re: OT: Copyright Infringement goes Back to The Future

There's also about a dozen "Mr. Fusion" logos. What's so protected
about three circles and a "Y"?

I especially like this one:
http://www.zazzle.com/time_machine_t_shirt-235596585066951693

Yeah, it really sucks - much like the UN gun confiscation crap that
Obammie the Commie will no doubt go for - see the thread "US
Constiturion????"

Thanks,
Rich

Re: Copyright Infringement goes Back to The Future

Dave,

As I just posted on your blog, get a company from the 'axis of evil'
(or Australia) to produce the T shirts, they won't give a toss about
American lawyers.

Rant-tastic BTW.

Nial.

Re: Copyright Infringement goes Back to The Future

How do you know it's not the CIA behind it all?
Inventions such as these, in the hands of megalomaniacal seekers of world
domination, could upset the very fabric of space-time. They must be kept
secret. I fear that the Forces of Darkness may have a working prototype
already. How else do you explain the fact that Tony Abbott is the leader of
the Federal Opposition and Ms Kennealy is the Premier of NSW?
What have you done?
Run. Hide.Grow a beard.

Re: OT: Copyright Infringement goes Back to The Future

Perhaps NBN considers the term "Flux Capacitor" as their intellectual
property.

Re: Copyright Infringement goes Back to The Future

Sorry but the designs are so similar in concept that I think
most reasonable people would agree the breach copyright.

--
Regards
Blue