Non-contact infrared thermometer for hobbiest

From where can I obtain sensor to build a non-contact infrared thermometer ?
(I know I can buy a ready to use hand held non-contact infrared
thermometers, but I m electroics and robitics hobbiest. I want to build one
my self just for fun)

Yoalsen

Re: Non-contact infrared thermometer for hobbiest

Here is an 8x1 sensor, there is a single unit sensor too. You may need
a special lens to make it work long distances.  do a seach for  "pyro
sensor 8x1"

http://www.robotstore.com/store/product.asp?pid87%4&catid16%27

-howy

Re: Non-contact infrared thermometer for hobbiest

Nice find, but a small note. A thermopile is not pyroelectric. The
latter describes a sensor than uses the principles of pyroelectricity to
detect *changes* in heat. Thermopile elements can sense infrared energy
directly.

I got a thermopile element out of a $30 handheld infrared thermometer.
Waiting for time to hack it...

Hadn't realized Gerry worked up this sensor. Looks like he's been busy
lately.

-- Gordon

Site Timeline