Mythbusters - Page 2

Re: Mythbusters

That one works much better with a paper plate. It must be accurately centred,
then you can spin it up to 10,000 RPM. At some stage centrifugal force
will cause the paper plate to disintregate with a shattering bang.

This was demonstrated during a "science circus" when I was
in high school. Most impressive.

Re: Mythbusters

That's what they were doing with the CD disks. Supposedly
drives that work up to 52x are the culprit and though the
disks say they can work this fast when they had their test
rig going at 20,000 rpm the CD shattered with a bang

Re: Mythbusters

Yeah, they said that they cracked the CD's but then they still didnt explode
at normal CD's.

I had a cracked CD  that I didnt want to play but  I was going to copy it at
a low rpm's.  But I forgot to lock the speed down, and it went kaboom at
40X.

The myth busters said it only happened a few times  with extremely cracked
cd's..

NOT TRUE ..  it can occur after  a very slight crack has appeared in the
inner rim of the CD..
Once its started, the crack "runs"  ...

Re: Mythbusters

yeah, they often say the wrong thing, and dont get any where near doing
mathematics or doing anything other
than measuring speed and weight.

Re: Mythbusters

One of the best ever lines I have heard, "You told us it was bulletproof..
and it is not!" :) I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of that!!!

Re: Mythbusters

It was all buster's fault.

Re: Mythbusters

True, exposed the pig ignorance of the fools that claimed you
couldnt have armed guards on planes to prevent hijacking,
coz a bullet fired would cause the plane to disintegrate.

Soorree, you dont qualify.

Re: Mythbusters

How did they do this?

Re: Mythbusters

"Terry Collins"

 **  The Mythbuster dudes got an old DC9 fuselage and pumped it up to 8 psi
internally. Then they remotely fired a 9mm handgun, mounted on a stand in
the aisle, through the side and then a window.

The bullet made neat little holes and that was all.

They repaired the holes and re-pressurised.

Next they blew a side window out with explosives  -  which was rather more
serious.

They repaired that too.

Then they blew the a huge hole in the side of the plane with a "shaped
charge" fitted next to where a passenger sits.

.............    Phil

Re: Mythbusters

psi

Howcome you weren't in the seat?

Re: Mythbusters

"Alan Rutlidge

   **  A neat, round hole in your head would suit you fine.

...........    Phil

Re: Mythbusters

in

Pointless putting a hole in your head Phil.  There would be nothing to see
inside it. :P

Re: Mythbusters

I absolutely cacked myself laughing at last night's show.
What a lot of fun! First it was the toy soldiers tromping
on the bridge, then they actually got to waterski behind
a rowing eight. Fantastic!

Re: Mythbusters

Not to mention the fact that you will never look at a toothbrush the same
ever again!!  :-)

Definately good entertainment!

Re: Mythbusters

"Martin, VK2UMJ"

**  What is not so well know is that  "Mythbusters" is made by
ustralians  -    ie " Beyond Productions "  ( remember Beyond 2000 ?? )

http://www.beyond.com.au/television/catalogue/science_n_technology/3.html#mythbusters_new_series

Jamie and Adam are just about the only Americans involved  -  the film crew
are mainly Aussies.  Even the guy who did the voice over for the US market
( plus Monday's show on SBS ) lives in Sydney !!

http://www.listenerguide.com /

Goes a long way to explaining why the show's style appeals to folk here so
much.

.............   Phil

Re: Mythbusters

the same
)
http://www.beyond.com.au/television/catalogue/science_n_technology/3.html#mythbusters_new_series
film crew
market

Did anyone else find the voice over really annoying on the last
episode?, the guys hardly said anything at all compared to previous
episodes I thought.

Dave :)

Re: Mythbusters

Yes, I had wondered if it was my imagination but I have found the
voice over really annoying in the last few episodes, far more
intrusive than in previous ones.

It also seems as if it is being produced with ad breaks in mind with
lots of repetitive crap in the voice overs.

Oh well, at least we get it on SBS without ads in the program.

Dave Goldfinch

Re: Mythbusters

I got the impression that this was perhaps an early episode before the
show got more polished?
It just had a different feel to previous episodes.

Dave :)

Site Timeline