Looking For I/O Card Solution

hi all im looking for some 96 way i/o cards prefer pci, does anyone know
where i can get a pair and roughly how much i would pay

cheers

moo.

Re: Looking For I/O Card Solution

www.ni.com are the ducks guts.
Assuming you need TTL input, the PCI-6509 is:
http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/12919
$440 + cable(expensive)

Cheaper lesser name solutions exist if needed.

Dave :)

Re: Looking For I/O Card Solution

or if you prefer USB:
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/product.php?productid16%172
you will need a usb hub to run them all.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page:               http://www.dontronics.com/e-mail.html

Re: Looking For I/O Card Solution

I gotta admit Don, after all the crap i delt you with advertising
here, those USB serial devices are pretty decent. I detest USB because
I think its not robust enough, but we only have a couple of incedents
each month. I dont know how many devices have been purchased from you
but i suspect its at least around the 200 mark. And BTW, the drivers
used are the same as the CD shipped 2 years ago, so an upgrade would
probably fix a lot of problems :)

What about ethernet to serial? WE are designing a new system ATM.
ethernet to hp versalink fibre (1 serial port) under $100 would make
for a lot of business!!

Re: Looking For I/O Card Solution

Thanks Andy,

I just checked my shelf stock on both the 10 cm and 1 meter cable
versions, and they have 2006 CD's, however I know they did ship 2004's
for a long time, possibly up until the current batch.

Fully compatible units using the new FT232R chips, will replace these in
about 3 or 4 months. I have been advising my recent bulk customers of
the changes. All tests have proven these to be as good, if not better
than the previous versions, as they use less external components.

Of course USB have become a way of life, any decent PC starts with 6
ports these days, and it's to find any comsumer product that isn't USB.

Hmmm. Not aware of anyone currently making a device such as this. ??

Don...

--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page:               http://www.dontronics.com/e-mail.html

Re: Looking For I/O Card Solution

We only create PC images when we get a new PC, so whatever you shipped
2 years ago is what we are using!

Also add the fact that now most cheap consumer PC's only have 2 PCI
slots, so adding in PCI serial cards is not an option, hence the
reason we use USB.

The biggest pain with USB is no locking connecter. Add that to the
fact that I am to lazy to write software that will release and renew
the handle to the comm port when a disconnect happens. I often think
that I should write my own driver that talks directly to the FTDI USB
driver, and avoid the virtual comm port thing.

I dare say this one will be outsourced to an engineering firm. Initial
numbers of 1-2k required. Firmware probably to be written by myself.
Offers welcome :)

Re: Looking For I/O Card Solution

On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 19:43:34 +1000, The Real Andy

Check out  www.advantech.com

They've got ethernet to rs232/485 servers. Don't know the price unfortunately.

Site Timeline