How to find yourself on Google Earth - Page 2

Re: How to find yourself on Google Earth
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=maryborough+4650&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Maryborough+Queensland,+Australia&t=h&ll=-25.53939,152.706552&spn=0.001425,0.003372&z19%&iwloc=A

Got it Mick, that's not a bad picture.

One of the angled view shots, you can see the hands are actually above the
ground. In another shot, the clock seems to
have vanished again.

Cheers Don...

=============================

--
Don McKenzie

Dontronics Blog:     http://www.GodzillaSeaMonkey.com
Re: How to find yourself on Google Earth
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=maryborough+4650&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Maryborough+Queensland,+Australia&t=h&ll=-25.53939,152.706552&spn=0.001425,0.003372&z19%&iwloc=A

Speaking of clocks - you could easily use electricity pole calibrated as
a sundial - knowing the height would give you the month by the length of
cast shadow and shadow position, time of day.

Now is the best time to start as the shortest day is June 22.

Re: How to find yourself on Google Earth

What about a sundial

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?hl=en&q=singleton+nsw&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Singleton+New+South+Wales&ll=-32.567045,151.162702&spn=0.00054,0.001206&t=h&z20 %

Re: How to find yourself on Google Earth
On Sat, 11 Jun 2011 20:04:34 +1000, Sharpie scrawled:

Yep!
http://www.theage.com.au/technology/technology-news/melbourne-schools -
giant-cockup-20110608-1fsay.html

--
Oh, bugger!

Re: How to find yourself on Google Earth

Google maps are useless , they are always 2 - 3 years out of date.

Nearmaps is better , they take high resolution overhead pictures from a
plane flyover , Nearmaps is based in Perth and have done quite detailed
photo scans of the Perth / country towns and have expanded to most
capital cities on a limited basis.

https://www.nearmap.com /

The resolution can go down to 2 - 4 metres and all the pics have a date
stamp.

Up until recently you could browse all the pics , but now they want to
create a FREE account so you can see all the pics.

The pics are great for perving on your neighbour's backyard.
:)

--

Sandgroper
Re: How to find yourself on Google Earth

Sunbathing perhaps?????

Re: How to find yourself on Google Earth

In the 90's I worked in a Telecom / Telstra office on Robinson Ave in
Northbridge. Some of old houses rented out to backpackers backed onto our
building. The backpakers would sometimes sunbake in the nuddy in the back
yards. Some days not much work got done.

Re: How to find yourself on Google Earth

One hand clapping????

Re: How to find yourself on Google Earth
On Sun, 12 Jun 2011 14:53:38 +0800, Sandgroper

Seems it depends where you want to look. For NE Tas it seems exactly
the same as google maps. Latest nearmap for St Helens Tas is 2004 and
the resolution is a just a blur any closer than 2KM.

Re: How to find yourself on Google Earth

Nope.

Nope.

So does google maps.

Perth / country towns and have expanded

PIty about the non capital citys.

Pity about the pathetic coverage.

Re: How to find yourself on Google Earth

They can stick it up their fundimentum, if they do not want me to look,I
wont