Hand Tools - Was: Looking for reasonably priced pliers/cutters - HandTools.xls (0/1)

About a month back Charles L posted an inquiry about reasonably priced pliers and diagonal cutters that are NOT made in China. He asked for brands and supplier suggestions. His thread produced 12 replies. I did not contribute, but suggest that Hozan electronic pliers & cutters available from Radio Parts for about $30 might be a reasonable choice. For something with a bit more grunt, Orbis linesman pliers and diagonal cutters are available from Middendorp for about $40.

I have to confess to being a tool collector. I don't mean someone who searches relentlessly for tools new and old, just someone who is always on the lookout for good tools at an attractive price. I would never pass an unfamiliar tool shop without going in. I suspect the contributers to this group might have similar inclinations.

I have attempted to compile a table of hand tool manufacturers, particularly ones with web sites. It is incomplete and probably none to accurate, but there is some great stuff there. It is attached to this posting in Microsoft Excel. I have tried to stick to the sort of tools that are found in Electronics/Electrical Workshops. Woodworking handtools is another story!

You will note that the QUALITY, AUST DISTRIBUTOR and COMMENTS columns are empty. I would be happy to receive additions of all kinds, especially unlisted suppliers and contributions to the empty columns.

Cheers,

Don Keogh Donald B Keogh

Reply to
Donald B Keogh

"Donald B Keogh"

** Sorry Doug,

no sign of your attachment on either of my news servers.

Reply to
Phil Allison

**Try listing it on a binaries newsgroup. alt.binaries.schematics.electronic would be a good one.
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au