Futurlec part substitution

Just a heads up about parts being substituted by
Futurlec Components:

I ordered some LMC555CN CMOS type 555 timers from Futurlec,
and like over a year ago they sent bipolar transistor
based Hitachi HA17555 timer IC's. Last time they offered
to replace them with the CMOS version and promptly sent
more HA17555 but insisted they were the cmos thing in
spite of supplying datasheet details that said otherwise.

Long after I gave up and ordered a few tubes from Farnell
(one tube of which turned out to be an 8 pin DIP
5V regulator).Long after I'd written off Futurlec's order
I did get some real LMC555CN's from Futurlec but way to
late to fill my order.

Obviously with orders spaced a fair while apart getting
the same wrong part, they routinely make the cheaper
substitution.

Anyway today after as couple of days and two emails (The
Australian one just ignored the request) they offered a
refund: I said I be happy to do so if they change their
catalogue:

 >"That would be great! but only if you alter your catalogue
 >to stop selling parts you don't actually have."

It remains to be seen if it will happen. As I bought from
their Australian operation I wonder if any local consumer
laws apply.

Re: Futurlec part substitution

Yet he's still managed to update the website to remove the ABN that used
to be on there...

 > It remains to be seen if it will happen. As I bought from their
 > Australian operation I wonder if any local consumer laws apply.

abr.business.gov.au reports the currently active ABN as "35 120 152 865".

--
Chris

Re: Futurlec part substitution

(snip)

Mark, unless things have changed fairly recently they don't
actually_have_an_Australian_operation.  It is ALL in Thailand.  The
local contact numbers *were* Alan's mother, who only ever answered on
Saturdays (in a time window when Alan used to ring her).  And if you
ever get a Thai phone number for them, chisel it in stone somewhere -
all my extensive enquiries both on and off the web have turned up
nothing.

I have only rarely ordered parts from them - 95% of my orders are for
proto (HASL) pcb's.

Re: Futurlec part substitution
howsz this ?

http://www.futurlec.com/Contact_Us.shtml

Re: Futurlec part substitution

Sorry, no cigar - that's always been there.

Have you tried actually RINGING the Thai number?